Chapter 2- Headquarters

I moaned softly as I became conscious. I grabbed my head sitting up hoping the headache would cure itself. I was wrong. Really wrong.

"Shit." I grumbled, before opening my eyes one by one.

"Language." A little confused , I turned my head to where Tony sat. "What?" I watched as he held back a laugh. "Cap, doesn't like that type of language!" Ok I've missed something, I thought to myself.

I stood up steadily, stretching my aching muscles. "I'm never going to live that down, am I?" Steve complained to Tony. He replied with a simple "no", chuckling loudly along with the rest of my close friends. I smiled studying them before getting a bottle of water out of my bag. I took a sip, it was a little warm but it soothed my throat.

Walking up to the pilot's seat window I noticed that we were flying out New York City and coming up to the Avengers headquarters. The small plane hovered over the plat form before settling on its wheels.

I grabbed my bag, coat and shoes before exiting the plane. I ran up beside Natasha, struggling to keep up with her long limbs. She chucked watching me struggle, slowing slightly so I didn't have to run as fast.

We were greeted by Agent Hill. She was nice enough just a little too serious.

"Who are they?" Steve asked, I assume he meant the fast, blonde haired man and the girl the others had seen.

"Pietro and Wanda Maximoff. The twins parents were killed in a bombing in Sokovia."

"And their powers?"

"He's fast, she's weird."

The ache in the back of my head was dulling but it left me with exhaustion, so I excused myself after asking Natasha to keep me updated on Clint's condition. Earlier, he was shot after the man with the blonde hair distracted him.

Walking down the corridor I reached my bedroom, most of us stayed here. Clint did sometimes but we all noticed his frequent absences. It's not our business so no one asked. I unlocked my door, I really liked my privacy. After settling my bags down, I literally collapsed on my bed thinking about the day I've had.

Before drifting off to well needed sleep, I thought about the man who ran at the speed of light.