Chapter One

"Are you out of your fucking mind?" Pete questioned, completely beside himself at the audacity of Porsche.

"Paitoon likes pretty boys - especially the ones who dress like girls," Porsche argued, throwing the dart.

They were at the Main Family's headquarters in the lounge area. Royal carpet floorings, white walls with white drapes over the floor to ceiling windows. The sun was slowly setting. He had told Vegas he would come visit Porsche. Explained he had a nagging suspicion he'd end up involved in a mission. Pete's gut instincts were right. Porsche was trying to convince him to join on some ridiculous mission. That was their second game of the night. Porsche had been playing the long con with his made up excuse of a "catch-up" game-night.

"Okay. The target likes femboys... Do I look like one to you?" Pete was baffled. He turned to look at his reflection in a mirror nearby. He was wearing his black, pleated pants and a white shirt. He looked nothing like a femboy. What insane idea was Porsche on about? Could a perverted gangster really set his eyes on him? Pete sighed and thought of Vegas.

"All you need is a wig, Pete." Porsche turned to him, dart in hand, stating the obvious.

"It is not that simple!" Pete banged his hand against the table he rested his butt on.

"Okay. A wig and a dress... some make-up. You are the prettiest of all the bodyguards. I think you can do it." Porsche threw the dart again. He was winning; he always won and it annoyed Pete. It didn't, however, annoy him more than the ridiculous idea that he would dress like a hooker to infiltrate a bar.

"You can ask Kinn to talk to Tay! I'm sure he can do it."

"Tay is going with you." Porsche was talking matter-of-factly again, grabbing his beer before going to pick up the darts back from the board.

"What? If Tay is going, then I don't need to go!" Pete concluded.

"You are more his type," Porsche handed the darts to Pete with a smirk.

"What the fuck does that mean?"

"You got those cute dimples. Trust me, you're his type."

Pete huffed and threw a dart. It landed on the board with a loud snap. The mission was a disaster of an idea and he cursed whoever had come up with the plan.

They had been watching Paitoon for about a month. They hadn't managed to gather much evidence. All they knew was that info they needed was encrypted onto a chip. Paitoon knew that making a large arms deal in the Main Family's territory would get him killed. Because of that, he had decided to keep the information extra close. A lot of bribery and some murder later, the inteligence team discovered the chip's location. It was in Paitoon's wallet. Pete was supposed to make it inside the nightclub, find the target and steal his wallet from his left jacket pocket. It wasn't a suicide mission as much as it was an opportunistic robbery.

The truth was, it was a mission for the Main Family. Kinn was using Porsche to convince Pete to do it. He could easily say no to his old boss, but he couldn't say no to a close friend.

"You're an asshole." Pete threw a second dart, his face bunched up in annoyance.

"I'll double the fee." Porsche suggested. Pete turned around to face him, insulted.

"This has nothing to do with money! You wanna dress me up like a whore! Vegas is not going to agree to this." He pointed out.

"Vegas doesn't have to find out." Porsche cheered with his beer, a big grin on his face.

"Keeping this from Vegas is more dangerous than that mafioso of yours finding out I'm Kinn's mole!" Pete was exacerbated. Things were finally starting to flow with his new partner. After the hospital, things hadn't been easy for Vegas. He couldn't seem to figure out his new role within the Second Family - fighting his uncle every chance he got. He wasn't any easier with Kinn. Vegas was like a raging bull for months after his discharge. He would only calm with Pete, and even he was often worried something would set Vegas off.