Chapter Five

Vegas jumped at the sound of Pete's words. Slowly he slid out, scrambling to adjust himself back in his pants. He had enough time to zip up before he was in front of Pete. Gently he took his lover's face in his hands, lifting it back, it wasn't what he was expecting.

"Pete," Vegas called and another sob ran through his lover's chest. "Look at me baby." He cooed.

Pete couldn't follow instructions. It was a strange rebellious feeling that he had no control over. He pulled at the chains, tried to pull his face away, but Vegas' soft hands kept him in place. His left arm was unhooked first and though he had been fighting, it snaked easily around his lover's neck. The other came a moment later. He gripped Vegas closer while his body crumbled in his hands.

Vegas wrapped his arms around Pete's torso as his knees gave in, burying his face against the edge of his neck. Every sob that rumbled was painful to him. The dominant that was present less than a minute before was suddenly lost. He needed to get Pete's legs off the other cuffs, but his hands were too busy stroking his back.

He kissed the wet skin of his lover's neck, sucked and licked gently. Vegas' plan had gone awry. It was his turn to look for his lover, the crumbled man in his arms was only a replica. He pulled back the body and held the back of his head with his hand. Pete's eyes were still closed, tears rolling down his cheeks. It caused the ache in Vegas' stomach to intensify.

"Pete, baby, look at me," his tone was low, a gentle call. Pete sniffled, he opened his mouth and sucked in a sob. His eyes showed some signs of life. Gentle eyelashes shuttering, as if waking from a dream. Vegas wiped off the sweat. He plucked out the fake lashes and pushed all the hair back. His lover was slow in revealing himself. "Please, Pete, open your eyes."

It was Vegas' turn to beg. He found it easy, a desperate call for the only thing he needed. As Pete's eyes fluttered open, he was greeted by a version of his lover he had not met before. His eyes were far away, they looked at Vegas, but they didn't see him. Vegas remembers the last time he was that terrified. Pete was walling over his body, the world fading to black.

"I'm right here, Pete. I'm right here." Vegas reassured, his brows crumbling in worry. Pete looked around the room and then focused on him again. "I'm right here." He repeated.

"Vegas..." Pete's words were a gentle whisper and Vegas sighed in relief. He was still holding on to the back of Pete's head, his other hand around his waist to hold on to his weight. He kissed one cheek, then the other, meeting eyes one more time in hopes of progress. There was confusion, but recognition, the tears kept coming.

Vegas kissed Pete softly, a sweet hello. His upper lip, then his lower. It was a sudden heat wave that coursed through him. He sucked on the bottom lip until Pete's mouth parted. Warm tongues meeting with heavy sighs. Rumbling throats with quiet moans. The moment Vegas started to float he pulled away to meet his lover's eyes again. There was still some apprehension, but his arms were locked tight around his neck.

"Let me undo your feet." Vegas requested, but Pete didn't react. He stared at his lover and sighed. There was a stillness about him that made Vegas uneasy. He released his hands and moved them to Vegas' shoulders. That was the cue. Vegas untangled from him slowly, releasing the weight carefully.

It was important to read Pete's body. Vegas did so by sliding his hands down past his waist, to his hips, then his thighs. He was still pretty hard and his thighs were buzzing. Pete sighed when he squeezed. He worked as quickly as he could to undo the leather cuffs. Pete took off the shredded dress, tossing it to the side. Once Pete was free, Vegas stood. He looked into Pete's eyes and gave him the choice to come to him or not. As much as Vegas needed Pete to stay, he had to give him the choice as often as he could for penitence. It was Vegas' promise.