Chapter 13 Trials of Aphrodite

The next morning I arose a little earlier than expected. I got up got dressed in my first year clothes. I didn't know what we would exactly be doing today. Knowing Aphrodite she would definitely throw twists are way.

After wondering about what would happen next I decided to head down to Aphrodite's hall. When I arrived no one else was there yet. I walked in and saw Aphrodite seated on her throne.

Cora, you are early child. Haven't seen you much in my classroom. I hope you were able to learn everything. Aphrodite said with a smirk.

I am sorry for not being here very much Aphrodite. I think your class was a learn on myself class. No offense to you at all. I just needed to be in a different setting then your class.

Nonsense I am not offended. I just hope you are ready. Aphrodite said.

Yes, I am ready. I said confidently.

Good, well see how it plays out today then. She said with a growing smile. 

Sounds good. I said.

Just as I went and sat down at a seat students started to flood in Aphrodite's hall. My friends came in and sat down close to me. We were all feeling pretty good about this.

Aphrodite started to speak.

Alright class, you have all had time to learn and practice these two weeks. Now it is time to see what you can do. First we will do the easy one and change an object to something else. You will demonstrate your changing of an object and changing it back in front of the class. After you have all attempted to do this. We will head to the training field and test your transmogrifies. Any questions? Aphrodite asked.

Some students raised their hands. Aphrodite ignored them and looked at her list of students. Her eyes were on the paper a while before she looked up and locked eyes with me.

Oh crap. She was going to choose me to go first. I knew it was going to be here way of testing me after being the first to leave.

Cora Maheen, why don't you go first. Show me what you learned. She said a little venomous.

I stood up calm and collected. I was not going to show fear especially to Aphrodite.

I stood behind the table. Ready to begin.

Alright get to it. Make me something amazing. Should be something hard...

I looked around the room. I saw some flowers, some water and decided to make a beautiful vase. I ran scooped up some water and grabbed some flowers. I returned and Aphrodite was trying so hard not to laugh. I focused my breathing and calmed myself before I focused on the things I had grabbed. I pictured a vase that looked like it was water was actually flowing from inside itself. I pictured beautiful scenery as well. When I finished how I wanted it to look I pushed all of my energy at it. I heard some gasps come from across the room. I collected myself and opened my eyes. There stood the vase I pictured and Aphrodite looking at it intently. Especially the water running around in it.

Alright, that is a beautiful vase. I normally wouldn't do this but could you change it back to its true form and then make it again. I want to keep the vase. It is really very pretty. Aphrodite stated looking impressed.

Yes, I can do that. Within a couple minutes I had changed it back to its natural form and designed it again. I heard multiple gasps across the room once more. I looked at the vase and saw that I had created another vase very similar and added in some Aphrodite touches.

Remarkable. You have passed this round. She leaned in to whisper in my ear. I love the touches you added. Very nice, good luck in round 2. Her voice has changed and she seemed kinder.