CHAPTER 11: MISSION NOT ACCOMPLISHED

When I woke up I was in the hospital and all I could hear was Melanie arguing with the nurse about how cheap the pillows are.

"Melanie?"

"Oh sweety! Get a doctor in here, at least they'll be something of quality in here.

I let out a painful laugh at Melanie's nonsense, but then sighed when I remembered why I was here.

"How long have I been here? Where's Bryson? Where's my son?"

"Bryson has disappeared . I shot him and he was on the floor, but when I returned from getting my phone from the kitchen to get you an ambulance, he was gone. I don't know where he is. You've been here for seven days. Oh but you missed it, it was wonderful! I don't know how you did it, but it was all over the news that thee Bryson Charles of MG Tech Solutions is a baby stealer and the board has now voted for me to be in charge of all the enterprises."

"Really? That's amazing Melanie. After being in his small dick shadow, this what you deserve. Are you ready for all that?"

"Darling, I made Bryson who he is. The MG in MG Technologies stands for Melanie Grant. It was my family's money that he used to make himself the man he is. I initially owned all these businesses. But i lost myself in him and gave him the business, hoping it would make him love me more. I let it happen I suppose so. But thanks to you, I am back. But he did manage to escape with a few millions. Wiped our joint savings clean. I understand him doing that me, but what about the girls? I tried to get my people to trace him, but no luck."

"Bryson was a pig. It's not your fault. I'm happy you, but it's time I get out of here and find my son. Where's this doctor?"

"Cleo, I couldn't find your son either. I still have my people looking for John and Patricia, but it's like they too managed to get some funds and vanished off the face of the Earth."

Tears just started flowing. What have I done? Why didn't I stick to the plan? Why didn't I listen to Angela? I have lost my son again!

"Cleo I have set up enough money for you to get your own life back and..."

"I want my son. He is the life I needed to get back!"

"Cleo you need to focus on being the mother he deserves. You're angry, you're vengeful and that makes you stupid! There's not much love or rationality in you. Why would you confront Bryson and Patricia like that? Did you really think it would end well? You need to go home and focus on building your life. I will help you, you will work for me and I will never stop looking for your son. But you need to focus on being better so that when he comes back, he comes to a mother that's not broken and foolish. "

She was right. What type of mother would I have been if I had him right now anyway? I am broken and a complete mess. Patricia was a lot of things, but it does seem like she loved that boy, so I at least know he's safe. I just need to focus on fixing myself and then I'll get back to finding my son.

"I will do my part in getting better. But please Melanie, help me find him."

"I will. Now where is this damn doctor!?"