CHAPTER 1: CAPTURED

His wife was blowing up his phone as I lay on his chest. He had changed her name to housekeeper, but I wasn't stupid. I could feel he was uncomfortable so I played my part and pretended I needed the bathroom so that he could finally answer her call. I switched on the shower but I had my ear to door.

"Melanie, I told you i'm on a business trip. What do you want?"

Poor wife. She knows in her heart there's another woman but Bryson is very manipulative. I've seen the text messages. He knows what to say to her to make her feel like she's just overreacting. She even apologises for his bad behaviour, and the worst part is I don't even love him. 

By the time I was out of the shower he was gone. This was our usual routine. I let him have my body for the night, he disappears in the morning and sends lots of money to my account. I was just about to step out the house when I got a text on my phone

Bryson: Cleo, I am falling for you. I want us to be together. I'm ready to leave my wife. what are you saying? How do you feel?

Got him. I had been waiting for this moment and now it was time to call my sister to give her the news.

"Hey Cleo, haven't heard from you in weeks. How are things going with mr money man?"

 "It's finally happening. He's sent the I-want-to-leave-my-wife message."

"Geez took long enough. Are you ready for what happens next?"

"I've been waiting for this for three years. Talk to you later."

"Love you bye"

I threw the phone in my bed then gave myself a hard  look in the mirror as tears filled my eyes when I softly put my hand on my stomach, but then I remembered I needed to respond and I snapped out of my trauma induced thoughts.

Me: I've been waiting for this for a long time. I'm ready for this. What happens now?

Bryson: So good to hear that baby. Meet me at my house tomorrow at 7pm