Prologue

Here it is guys!! The first chapter to Following Jane!

" 'I wonder who first discovered the efficacy of poetry in driving away love!'" Lizzie's mother spoke with her humorous British accent. " 'I have been used to consider poetry as the food of love,' said Darcy." Her mother looked over the book at Lizzie who was snuggled up in her bed listening to her mothers melodic voice.

They had read this book countless times that Lizzie could quote and so before her mother could continue with the line she finished it, " 'Of a fine, stout, healthy love it may be. Everything nourishes what is strong already. But if it be only a slight, thin sort of inclination, I am sure one good sonnet will starve it entirely away.'"

"Good job my dear." Lizzie's mom bent over and kissed her forehead. "You remind me so much of Lizzie. And not because you share her name." Her mother chuckled. Lizzie was only 8 and did not understand what she meant. "You may not get the first right impression but you will learn to see the true person as you grow along with them. Remember Lizzie, adventure is just around the corner. You just need to be able to hear the call. Happy Birthday my dear Lizzie."

--

Lizzie never understood those words. Every birthday her mother would say them. "Adventure is just around the corner." Lizzie never had an adventure. Her entire life had been so plain. She went to high school, graduated, went to a nice college, graduated, and was now in the midst of looking for a job. Like everyone else at her age. What adventure was she supposed to be seeing around the corner?

One night she had gotten home late from her crappy minimum wage job and went to the kitchen to see her mother sitting at the table with her dad holding her hands. They both looked up at her when she walked in. They asked her to sit down. And that's when her normal, boring life was shattered.

Cancer? Her mom? It was spreading so quickly they said that the doctors said they did not have much time left to spend with her. Lizzie was at the hospital every night reading to her mother. All their favorite books. One night Lizzie's mom stopped her from reading and spoke those words again, "Lizzie adventure is just around the corner. You just need to be able to hear the call."

"I never know what you mean by that." Lizzie tried to laugh at the same silly sentences her mother spoke.

"You will soon."

TO READ MORE CHECK OUT THE LINK POSTED ON MY PROFILE. I AM HAPPY TO ANNOUCE THIS BOOK IS BEING PUBLISHED! DEC 25th, 2013 MY CHRISTMAS GIFT TO ALL MY AMAZING FANS IS .99 BOOK PURCHASE ON AMAZON!

Or Here: 

I secretly want to be a NYT best seller! help that out! Kindle version: http://amzn.to/1kwpGhQ  Paperback version: http://amzn.to/1kwpVcX