Part 15

Rage coursed through her as she saw the man she hated most after her aunt again. She frowned when she saw the happiness in her sister's eyes. If she came to know of his truth, she would be heart broken. She also knew that her mother couldn't face another betrayal. She needed to do something in order to ensure that her sister and mother were protected.

She would've rushed to her so called father and release her all the hatred she felt for him, if Roshin hadn't stopped her. She eavesdropped on their conversation and became stiff as she heard of their reunion. She rushed out of the shop and waited for Prachi, her mother and Abhi to return. She didn't want her father to know that she was alive. Who knows what he would do if he found out.

'Make his mistress try to murder me again! It would give him the perfect excuse to leave mom again, and being the fool she is, she'd easily believe him the moment he would start apologising.' Kiara's mind instantly answered and she bitterly chuckled.

Her blood began to boil as she saw the happiness on her mother's, sister's and so called father's face. The person that was dearest to her, seemed truly happy after so long. She couldn't help but imagine her sister's face when their father betrayed them, again. She already knew how it felt but maybe she thought she definitely took it better than she than Prachi would. Prachi, didn't have any other father figure in her life - if she ever came to know about her father's deeds, it would shatter her. Kiara could easily imagine it, her sister would handle it worse than she ever did. She still had someone who had loved her like a true father, but her sister never did. She silently vowed to bring out this man's true colours before her family was together and happy. A part of her it would be selfish, but what else could she do? It would be better that her family faced the betrayal of her father before they began to completely trust him again.

================================================================================================================================================================

"Everyone come downstairs now! There's some really good news, especially for you, Baljeet Dadi! You'll be the happiest person in the house once you find out!" Abhi exclaimed, a smile visible in his voice.

"Abhi, I'll only be completely happy when Pragya and your elder twin return. Any other news about might make me happy, but I definitely won't be the happiest." Dadi yelled back, wanting Pragya to return.

"Dadi neeche aaou please! You won't be disappointed." Abhi yelled back and the Kohli's who had come down, were confused on why Abhi was holding hands with Pragya. They throw Abhi a questioning look, knowing about his undying love for Riya's mother.

"Meet my wife." Abhi smiled, gesturing towards Pragya. The Kohli's however misinterpreted his words and looked at him in shock.

"You remarried?" Vikram widened in his but then thought that Abhi did it for Riya, who considered Prachi's mother her mother.

"Did you think about Riya while doing this? What about Prachi? Do you think they'll accept each other as step-sisters?" Pallavi added, not waiting for Abhi to reply.

Before Dida too could say something, Abhi gestured for them to stop talking. "Prachi's mother is Riya's mother. Prachi is Riya's twin."

The Kohli's, excluding Ranbir, were shocked. "This is great news Abhi! You got reunited with your wife and elder daughter on your daughters' birthday. We even planned to get Riya and Ranbir engaged today. After Ranbir and Riya get engaged, Prachi will be like Ranbir's si-" Pallavi began voicing out her joy.

"Mom. I think we should leave, Chief has met his wife after so long. Don't you think we should give them some alone time?" Ranbir pretended to tease Abhi, quickly interrupting Pallavi. Ranbir had thought this went unnoticed by everyone, excluding Prachi, but he was wrong. Two others had noticed and one of them feared that their suspicions were right, while the other was simply confused.