Chapter 1

I was sitting on my window right beside my bed and watching people across the street happily enjoying their company with each other, sharing laughters, some were faking smiles, some were busy reading tabloids about a certain news, some were sharing early meals, coffee and tea... I too was sipping my coffee the only difference is I am alone.

They say being alone is sad, being alone bores you, it affects how you act and how you socialize to someone and I do agree it somehow does change a lot of things into a good one, well only for me, I guess it's okay since I am a fan of being alone. Being alone is solitude, it gives you freedom to do what you wanted to do, it helps you become mentally strong, it also helps you think about different things, about life and about the world most importantly it changes your perspective, of how you see things, of how you view things differently from the others... it somewhat helps you to be independent and strong.

It is an early morning of December 24 and here I am just sitting and happily looking outside the window of how busy St. Agnes street is, well it always been like that even if it's not Christmas day but today it just felt so different knowing every person you see was side by side walking and crossing the street happily while wearing their Sweater and boots because of the coldness and the snow that is almost covering the street.

I was pulled down with my observing mode when I heard my doorbell rang, with a messy bun and a pair of jammies and red socks I calmly walk towards the door and open it, it was the grandma from across the hall of my condo unit.

"Good morning, lovely lady. I brought you some hot chocolate with marshmallows, two breads, and a pair of gloves." She said smiling, you may think she's creepy but no she's definitely not.

The moment I moved in in this apartment or unit was the moment she welcomed me like I was her long lost daughter. She has a husband, and they're both 65 years old and was married for 35 years now, you may be wondering how did I know well they just told me in every given moment which is nice. And as a payment for their kindness I always checks up on them before and after my work in the hospital.

"Oh no Mrs. Smith, you don't have to do this I already prepared my breakfast." Which is a lie because I didn't, I just came out of bed and I bet she noticed it so "but thank you for always, being so thoughtful. I appreciate that."

"Do you have work tonight? We would like to invite you for our year end celebration. We do have gifts for you, I mean me and John." Her husband, well sounds nice but okay fine I'll go. Instead of just reading medical books and stuff mind if I join since I was being invited by the owner of this apartment.

"Luckily, I don't have work for 2 weeks that is up until new years eve sooo... I'll come." I was taken a back when she hugged me but then felt comfortable after. "But what should I wear?"

"Just anything but red, darling." She patted my head, and so I smiled. Parang mama ko na rin naman siya kaya wala ng kaso sa'kin ang mga ganyan, also they said that they treated me as their youngest daughter so yeah. "Anyways Paige, I'd like to meet you someone later. I gotta go, eat your breakfast hon."

I just wave back and close the door, decided to eat the breakfast that she prepared for me. Nung nasa pinas pa ako ay heavy eater talaga ako but not noticeable since I don't really get fat but when I moved here wala na sanay na siguro yung tiyan ko sa mga ganitong pagkain na.

I was about to take a shower when my phone rang, it was a call from my friends in the Philippines. I wonder what they're up to nowadays since I've been busy with work I rarely open my messenger to chat with them but now that I have no work, chika na muna siguro.

"Hoy tangina ka! Bakit ngayon ka lang nagpakita beh?"

I smiled, I miss that "tangina mo" from her. Leah my friend since highschool up until today di naman halatang nag kakasawaan na kami, "Tangina ka rin, ano na naman ba ang trip niyo?"