4

"Maeve we are struggling here in Paris with this deal while getting a call you've been to school for one day and getting kicked out for the day for a food fight. young lady you need to-"

"Enough henry. Maeve sweetie just do better okay? no more trouble dear. we really need you to straighten up."

"yea mom i will. i'm really sorry i'm just- adjusting. i will. bye i love you too. " I let out a deep sigh the moment the phone hangs up.
It really was a accident I don't get why he had to make it a big deal.  however all anyone seems to be asking of me is to "do better"
just as I go to grab my note book my door opens "hey babe you wann-"
"Cam?"
"sorry meave!" maisie squealed running in pushing cam out into her room before running back into mine. "hey" she smiled softly sitting across from me

"hey maisie"
"have you eaten?" i give her a nod "what?"
"what do you mean what?"
she rolls her eyes "what'd you eat"
"I grabbed some pizza on the way home" she gives me a unsure look "i swear maisie"
"fine , i'm proud of you. mom and dad are too" she kisses the top of my head  before walking to the door "cams sorta spending the night so headphones" she gives me a wink, i pretend to make myself barf as she closes the door behind her.
——
The next morning I decided to take the subway to school. I was about a minute late to my meeting with the headmaster.
I walk in to see nathaniel sitting next to an empty seat i front of her desk. I sit besides him "nice of you to join us" she smiles
i let out a soft chuckle as nate and i give each other side glares at the same moment.
"you too will be on clean up duty after school for 3 days every week for a month. you'll work together and keep it spotless or else I make this punishment last longer. head to class"
we both go to get up "no not you Mr.Archibald, your father excused you from todays classes but your still expected to join Miss Dupont after school."
I close the door slight in glee, I have a classes with that guy at least he's not here today- i'll have to spend an hour and thirty minutes after school which sucks but i gusss it's fair.

my day goes by very smoothly until this moment "you look like an orange" he smirks
"you are shit"
"i know, now you start i'll watch" he claps his hands together
"if one of us is sitting it's gonna be me"
"cute"
ignore him and sit across from him "guess we're both sitting"
he gets up "yea whatever just get this over with" he walks one direction i walk the other.
Its only been  10 minutes but I already feel  faint.  i find him and poke his arm. "na-" my voice is cut by his scream
"what the hell maeve?!" he yells
"how is it my fault you screamed like a cat!"
"i didn't scream like a cat your just creepy"
i wipe the sweat off my face and sigh "forget it"i turn to walk away as he grabs my wrist
"what do you want"
"i just wanted a sip of water it's really hot-" for some reason he brings my wrist closer to him
"why is your pulse barley there" he asks
"i don't kn-"
"have you eaten?" i shake my head "do you not feel dizzy your pulse is 26 beats per minute it's supposed to range from 60-100"
I shrug attempting to pull my wrist away "thanks for the evaluation doc-" before i know it he swoops me up laying me down in the shade under a tree. he takes a seat besides me taking his gloves off and handing me a water bottle.
"drink" he opens it bringing it to my mouth i take a couple sips.
"thanks" i whisper as he quickly reaches in his bag and hands me a mini bag of goldfish
"eat these"
"nathaniel i'm fine."
"eat Maeve. i'll do the rest when i come back you better have eaten them and then i might feel pleasant enough to take you home"
I don't have time to protest as he quickly gets up and walks away.

rubbing my eyes I open them to be facing a wide chest. barley open i look up to see who it is and it's nathaniel.
"fall back asleep i'll wake you up at your place" he places me in the car
"no! you can't!" if maisie sees me like this she'll know. she can't know.
"and why not?" he tilts his head
"just don't, please it's all i ask don't be heartless"
"fine where do you wanna go?"
"uh you know the alley you got me arrested in, yea there!"