5

"so he asked you to stop going around mason?"
"yea, so weird"
"you gonna listen?"
"am i going to listen, it's Nathaniel for all i know he's trying to make sure I can't speak at all" I roll my eyes as Maisie chuckles.
"i think he likes you" she gives me a knowing look
"don't make me gag, he hates me"
"do you hate him"
"i wouldn't call it hate, strongly dislike" i close my locker and look at her fully "mom and dad come home tomorrow night right?" she nods "Great! Let's throw a party- oh and invite every julie you know. Every single one"
"why?" she gives me a puzzled look
"see you later maisie" i turn away walking to class. 

this happens to be the one we share. I take an empty seat in the back where i've been sitting all week. just my luck he sits infront of me.

"hey dear , Maisie and I are having a party,you should come. Don't worry no druggies, just for you" I tease as he turns his head back to me
"so you won't be there? great just like the good old days" he gives me a sly smirk as I scoff 

"hello class it's the last week before easter break. I'm assigning a project for those two weeks, i'll be pairing you off and you'll each have to spend the majority of those two weeks together to get to know each other and present on what you've been able to learn"

She begins listing of names and i hear mine "Maeve dupont you'll be with Nathaniel Archibald"
WHAT. we both look at each other. No. No. No.  this can't be happening. "Alright. there will be no switching or trading I don't care what issues you have. your all dismissed early. " she heads out. 

"Let's be civil?"
"no." he gets up walking out the class
NO. that's all I get? NO?

——
Everyone's already crowding the house, Maisie and Cam are all over each other on the couch. Strangers all over. and Then i see them
I head over to Harvey and nate. Harvey and i hug before he runs off to the bar like a 5 year old who just arrived at the park. 

"where's Sebastian?"
"He said he had to study for the project with his partner"
"Kaia is his partner? oh- OH"
"shit-" we both laugh before realizing we're laughing together and walk away 

about thirty minutes go by, i go to fill my cup. this is becoming a disaster, i don't even think Maisie found the right juli-"julie." nate's voice is hard.
"Nathaniel sweetie Hi!" a high pitch voice screeches 

i look over to see nathaniel standing in front of a small blonde who looks like she believes she's worth more then zendaya. This is julie? she pulls him into a hug, one he doesn't reciprocate.
I feel bad. I can tell the look of terror on his face. This was to far. I didn't even think whatd it be like if he brought caiden. shit. This was an asshole move.
there's only one thing i know i can do now. 

I walk over and wrap my arms around Nate's waist "hey love you wanna head back to my room- oh hi, who are you?"I flutter my eyes at nate who gives me a puzzled look as i give Julie a sweet smile
"Oh i'm his ex girlfriend julie, Im sure you've heard a lot about me"
"no i haven't sorry- oh wait babe is she the one who's moans you said gave you nightmares." The corner of nate's mouth slowly rises as julie scoffs "Oh my it is! I can tell by that screeching she calls a voice. well it was nice meeting you. I have dreams to give this one" i wink at her before pulling nate out the door up to the roof- living on the top floor gives fast access.

"Are you fucking crazy!"
"you enjoyed it"
"it was nice seeing her quite for once but you- you have no idea what you just did Maeve!"
"My bad then, i got you out of having to deal with the look on your face"
"i was doing fine"
"yea right"
"do you really have no clue what you just did?!"
"save you?"
"no ruined us!"
"what are you talking about"
"Her dads owns the new york fucking times Maeve. For all we know this idea of yours is on its way to be published for everyone!"
"Well i didn't know that?! What do we do?"
"there's no we!"
"I'm not about to be publicly known as Your girlfriend nate!"
"should have thought of that! And stop calling me that" before i can speak his phone rings he picks it up "Dad....huh? it's published? she's what?! they are?" he looks at me "got it sir" he hangs up.