18

The museum was as majestic and grand as one can be

The museum was as majestic and grand as one can be. The architecture and structures adorning the vast space complemented every single inch, it made you feel tinier, a mere blip amongst the massive structures.

It was an entirely different world inside these walls. The lights were heavily dimmed, making it harder to make out the faces of the people walking and mingling beside me. It felt intimate, secluded and private; only the familiar eyes of those who run in the same circle were invited, but yet, an outsider managed to slip in through the cracks, or maybe two.

As I scour the room, my eyes work ten times harder in order to put a name to those faces. I quickly realized this viewing was only for the political party of this country, that's why it was kept under wraps. The room is filled with fraudulent and corrupt politicians. Starting at the top with Berlin's president.

I'm heading in blind as I make my way to him, my eyes purely focused on the crinkling eyes of the laughing man. So is my focus that I don't see the man standing in my way, we stumble and I almost take a nasty fall, but big arms hold my biceps in a strong grip, quickly pulling me upright.

"Oh my! I'm so sorry, I didn't see you there." I gather myself before looking up, warm green eyes look down on me, his face twisting in worry as his hands float around, as if to protect me from another stumble.

"It's alright, Miss..." I shake my head, leaning more towards him and breathing in the spicy scent that enveloped me the second he moved closer to me.

"Evans, but please, call me Ana." He nods, smiling and looking pleased for a moment before his name is called and the attention strays from me to the woman who gingerly waves him over.

"A pleasure Ana, I'm Kevin by the way I'm sorry for cutting our conversation short, but duty awaits." He jokes and lifts his hand in the air, showing off the shiny and polished engagement ring. I smile at him, confused when he leaves and the smile completely vanishes from his face, a more stoic and hard expression shutting over when he greets the people I believe his fiance is entertaining.

I turn once again, my brain going over the plan and slowly walking towards Dietrich Heinrich, the president of this nation and the most corrupt man I have ever met in my entire fucking life.

He turns when I reach him, his eyes greedily looking over my figure before meeting me in the eyes.

"It's an honor sir, I'm Anastasia Evans, my father works closely with you." I smile all sweet and sugary as he moves the tiniest bit closer to me, not too much though, his round beer belly gets in the way.

"Yes! Of course, a pleasure Miss Evans." He grabs my hand unexpectedly, running his fat thumb over my wrist before continuing speaking, "I must say, I didn't know Anthony had such a lovely daughter."