▪︎рагт 2▪︎

Reminder:  this story is not mine, I found it on dev
I will give credits in the end(?)

    ~ Hunter POV ~

    I don't know how long it had been since my pack mates left to find our human medicine. Those Smoker fumes were brutal, and to what degree he had coughed when he tried to speak worried me quite a bit. I looked back to where he was sleeping. It was nearly laughable by this time he already trusted me enough to pass out so soon. His skin was becoming a slightly pallid. That didn't look healthy in what relation to what we usually saw him as. It probably wouldn't hurt to check up on him, so I decided to leave my post at the entrance for the time being. If someone - or something - came close, I would be able to hear and smell them before they had the chance to enter the building.
    Cautiously as to not startle the human awake, I made my way over to an open spot next to his cot on the floor. We anonymously helped him get this ratty mattress to here by separating groups of the Infected and leading them off towards us to take them out. It was relatively easy, seeing as how stupid most of the common ones were. By stroke of luck, we managed to kill one of those green-spitting women before it got too close, too.
    He seemed so much more peaceful in his sleep. Quite a change to that fear-stricken gaze he had earlier. I was certain he was going to hate us for our appearances; although, I felt awful for revealing ourselves so soon, but we couldn't have simply left him there for something else to get him with a small chance of those other survivors coming around again. Even if we managed to find them and lead them to his unconscious body, there was a good chance we would have gotten hurt. Our bodies are dead. There was no way we would be able to heal if bullets pierced a limb or a baseball bat collided with our ribcage.
    Perhaps when he woke up, we might exchange names? That would be nice. I'd prefer to stop referring to him as just "human". What does he refer to me as that isn't being said out loud? "It"? "Zombie"? "Abomination"? Maybe that classification the humans gave us. "Hunter", was it? It sounds kind of cool... but I don't enjoy being grouped with anyone except my companions. Even then, we aren't that much alike.
    I began leaning in a little only for another look at his facial features. It was almost unfair how cute he was. This time, I reached to touch his jawline. I know my fingers were slightly calloused from whatever life this body had previously, but I tried my hardest to trace his jaw as gently as I was able. A soft groan left his lips as he shifted a bit. Did I wake him up? I jumped back a short distance, focusing on his smaller form as I remained crouched and close to the floor. His eyes didn't open. He wasn't making any other noises. Perhaps I merely disturbed his sleep slightly? He still seemed lost to the conscious world, though.
    Time for round two. I wanted to be close to him, and now seemed like the best time. If he was awake, I would probably scare him away. Affection and zombies probably didn't mix for the humans. Once again, I approached his makeshift bed. It appears he moved a bit further towards the other side, so I shifted my position and rested my knees against the mattress. The weight shift on the soft mattress didn't seem to bother him, so I proceeded further. Leaning forward, my hands were placed on each side of him. That was a heavier weight shift, but he still seemed to be okay. I hoped, at least. I leaned in a bit closer, stopped for a moment, and then more to make sure my encompassing presence didn't awaken him. Soon enough, my face was inches from his neck. His scent was so... calming. It had a little bit of a sweetness to it, but it wasn't overwhelming the affect it had on me. I so badly wanted to hold him close to me and cover myself in his smell, in turn having my own cover him. He probably wouldn't find so much physical contact this soon agreeable, though.
    "What--" I heard a sleepy voice beneath me begin. With a small fit of panic, I swiftly hopped a few feet from the cot. As soon as I looked at his face again, he was slowly rising up from his slumber. Regrettably, it seems I've woken him up. On the bright side, he didn't show much sign of being upset and I didn't smell any fear in the air. His expression revealed mostly confusion. That was good - a few steps up from terror, at least. Continuing to bother him probably wouldn't be wise, so I turned towards the doorway and trotted right over to my former spot to keep watch at the entrance.
    A few minutes of vocal silence passed. I heard shuffling behind me in the safe room. The sound of blankets being pushed aside, foot steps on solid ground, then what sounded in manner of a paper notebook being flipped through. I didn't want to appear too curious. Besides, getting him medicine was drastically important. I'm glad my friends were so willing to go, but someone had to stay behind to keep an eye out on the human.
    "What's your name?" A raspy question filled the silence. I responded quite eagerly.
    "Matthias," I stated as I looked back at him. He looked quite surprised and still... confused. Ah, right. We didn't really share the same language. It probably sounded a kind of aggressive, similar to a sharp growl. Was there anything I could write on? Foam letters that children use in day care were probably out of the question. It wasn't until I turned completely to face him again when I noticed a pen and some paper in front of him. I then took it upon myself to leap right in front of him and snatched up the pen. My handwriting was so horrible. Maybe I would get points for trying?