Chapter 13

'...found you'

Taking a seat at the empty space on the bench beside him, I smile as our gaze met.

It had been five days since. Apparently he called the school to get some time off.

"Hey"

He manage a weak smile back. His eyes sunken and seemingly tired.

'Do you prefer to be alone?'

I ask carefully after a long moment of silence.

"No, it's okay"

I nodded my head to his answer. I was having my night jog when I saw him.

"...she broke up with me. That man is her boss. She said he can provide a better future for her."

'You don't have to tell me anything if it's too hard...I just thought you needed companion.'

I smile as our gaze met and a tear slide down my cheek. That pain that I've felt a year ago seems to came back flooding to me as I look into his eyes.

Deja vu

His sad eyes pierce through mine...that man I saw in my dream, he is right in front of me now. I knew now why he understood my pain...

'It's you'

I whispered as I unknowingly tilt my head and kissed him. I sense him tensed up a little but soon responded to my kiss.

When we finally pull away, I saw a tear gliding down his cheek just as I did in my dream

I manage a small smile and wipe it off his face. It's really him...

"Ms Li..."

'Have you eaten anything?'

"...not really"

I watch as he cleared his throat and tried to remain calm.

'I made kimchi soup before I came out. You want to come over to my place for dinner?'

"You want me to come over to your place?"

He repeated with a shock expression.

'For dinner'

I chuckle and emphasise the part he had obviously left out.