ᰔ𝚖𝚊𝚡 𝚖𝚊𝚢𝚏𝚒𝚎𝚕𝚍ᰔ (𝚖𝚊𝚕𝚎!𝚢/𝚗 ♥︎)

(modern era au: no monsters, 2022 is the year!)

   (male!y/n ♥︎)

"hey, mayfield." y/n walks up to her. "hey, y/n." max rolls her eyes, laughing at y/n. "did you get the new phone?" the "popular" girls walk by y/n and max, talking and "chit chatting." or so max liked to call it. "i can't stand the three of them." max rolls her eyes, laughing with y/n as they talk together. "d'you think lucas would be mad we're dating?" y/n asks, as he fidgets with his backpack strap, blushing. "nah, don't worry y/n. he wouldn't, i wouldn't let him." max says, giving the air a fist pump. "whatever you say, mayfield." y/n says, rolling his eyes and smiling.

"so..lucas, are you mad?" max asks, looking at lucas patiently. "not at all, max." lucas says, genuinely smiling. "told ya, l/n." (l/n: last name.) "yeah yeah, whatever mayfield." y/n says, looking down. max walks up to him, and tilts his chin up. "aw, he's blushing." max says, laughing. "oh shush, mayfield." y/n swats her hand away and they end up play fighting. lucas slinks away, trying not to laugh.

"you can come back with me to my house, did you bring your board?" max asks, holding up her skateboard in front of the school, talking to y/n. "i did, but isn't your..brother home?" y/n asks, worried. his skateboard, propped up against the asphalt. the girls in his class and looking at him from the school entrance, dazed. max always noticed that, but never knew how to stop it. but, now she does. y/n is rambling on and on about how billy would beat his ass, and max had an idea. "you see those girls looking at you?" max asks, quietly. "uh..yeah. they always do that, it's annoying," he says, still rambling about billy. max walks closer to him. she lifts his chin up, and parts her lips. she kisses him, looking straight at the girls, rather than y/n. their faces grow shocked and they stare at max with pure hatred, then she winks at them.

"billy isn't home, he's with my mom." max says, grabbing y/n's hand. not even glancing at his shocked face as they skateboard back to max's house.