1

Lilah
Click
Click
Click
The sounds of our heels clicking as the students in the hall part so we can make our entrance.

Me and my 2 "best friends" Lindsay and meghan walk down the halls with our heads held high. Me in the middle. People cowering back as we pass them. We walk past Jake and Lip and they just turn away when they see me. I frown at myself as we come to my locker. I wave Meg and linds goodbye.

See Me, Meg, and Linds have an interesting relationship. We only really talk in public. We never hang out in our free time. I'm really lonely outside of school. I guess that's just what being popular is like. You'd think I'd have all the friends in the world. Also, ya know I wouldn't be popular without them.

I'm grabbing out my textbooks as I hear carter the popular jock sneak up behind me. I turn around. "So..Me..You...tommorow at 6?" He says In his stupid cocky voice as he smirks like it's a big honor for me to be asked out by him. "We've been over this carter. I'm not interested." I say sternly and storm away.

At Lunch Meg and Linds run up to me. "Lils
I cannot believe you rejected carter again!! He's the hottest guy in the grade." Meg screams. My fist clenches under the table. Lip came up with the nickname Lils and everytime they use it I want to tell them off because only Jake and Lip can call me it. I guess now I'm not even talking to them anymore though. "Your not even that pretty you should be thankful someone let alone the hottest guy ever wants to date you!" Linds adds.

Sounds mean right? I know. I'm used to it though. I'm used to all their snarky remarks and backhanded compliments. "I told you guys that cater just isn't for me. Looks aren't the only things in the world." I said calmly trying to hide how much I'm over this topic.

"Whatever, I'll take him then. You don't even deserve him anyways" meg says rolling her eyes. Then she looks over at the table by the trash cans in the far corner. It's Lip and J. My heart drops looking at them. Carter and his stupid minions are sitting with them and I just know they're egging them on and making fun of them. I immediately get up.

"Uhh I'm gonna go see what carters up to. I'm uhhh actually I'm rethinking his offer." I say quickly and run over leaving Meg and Linds confused.

"Oh hey babe" Carter says as I get closer to the table. "I'm not your babe carter" I say not wanting Lip and J to think I would go out with someone like him. Although what do I care. Not like we're friends anymore. "Me and my 2 buddies over here were just hanging out" he says pulling J over to him and giving him a wet willy.

"Carter why don't you and your football friends come to our table with me and the girls? We miss you" I say flirtatiously hoping to lure carter away from them. "I knew you couldn't resist me" he said smirking as he gets up and motions his friends to follow.

I feel sick not wanting to be anywhere near carter but Lip and J deserve to eat in peace for atleast one meal. Someone always ends up bothering them. I look back at them with guilt flooding my eyes and they just look down at their food and continue eating.

I can't wait to get out of this school.

A/N
Sorry guys I know this is a short chapter but I want to get people really interested before I start making them super long. Also I'm probably gonna be updating very regularly so don't worry that only a chapter is released. More will definitely be released soon. Anyways see ya!
- M