Chapter 16 - 'I had to know...'

Doctors PoV

She slammed the door and I should have given her some space. But instead I was the idiot that went after her.

'Clara you really don't understand' I said. She laughed.

'Understand. Understand what. It was the one thing I asked!' She cried. I could see it in her eyes. The anger. The hurt of my betrayal.

She looked tired. Every time I look at her she looks more and more exhausted.

'I had to know she was mine. I couldn't work it out. But she wasn't conceived on the Tardis. That's why she doesn't have two hearts Clara' I said. She was so trying to keep herself contained but she was boiling over the edge.

She stepped a little closer towards me.

'You tell me you love me. I let you have me. You leave me alone. I suffer. I go through this whole thing alone. I was sick. I was broke. I wanted nothing more than you to come back. You come back and the one thing I asked you not to do... You do. There not having her. They are not having my baby... You and your space friends. Most of all though. You.' She was so close to me now that if I moved she would swipe me.

'All I wanted was you. But you turned me into this. The hormonal nutcase who can barely control her anger. Well guess what Doctor. 8 months can really change a girls mind' she spat and I tried to step away.

When I did however she snapped.

For such a petite little person, and someone who had sprained their hand punching me, she certainly is strong.

She pushed me back so hard, it surprised me and I was shocked. I went flying across the room, and she came at me again.

'Clara stop. This isn't you' I said.

'Shut up. Just shut up' she yelled and started throwing things at me.

Anything she could find really from books, to chairs. I took it mainly because a) I deserved it and b) it's best to just roll it out with her.

Until I had to stop her. She was taking it to far.

I had no choice. 8 months of Doctor aimed anger had built up, and it was all coming out now.

She grabbed one of the plant pots and threw it at me. It was in a vase but it missed me. Because I moved out the way.

She'd thrown it so hard however, I don't think she realised what she was doing, and some glass went straight through her hand.

She wasn't wearing the fabric cast I had put on, so it didn't shock me that this had happened. She has a habit of not listening.

But she squealed and carried on shouting. I jumped up to stop this and grabbed her shoulders.

She tried pulling away, punching and hitting my chest, but there was nothing she could do.

It didn't take her long to grow pathetic and give up. Sobbing and crying into my chest.

I sighed in relief when she had calmed down. I kissed her forehead and sighed again.

What I wouldn't give to be back in the good old days.

'Clara your freezing now, we should go back in' I said too her.

'After that. No I'm going to need at least 10 minutes to get over it' she said. Quite right, she wasn't the only one who needed 5 minutes after what we had just done.

I just hoped we got to finish it later. I felt her shiver again in my arms so shrugged my jacket off, wrapping it around her shoulders.

'But you'll be cold?' She said confused trying too push it away. 'Clara my body temperature adopts to its surrounding. I could be out here naked and still be toasty warm' I informed her and she reluctantly let me put it round her.

She sniffed it though and I wondered why. 'Did you just smell the tweed?' I asked and she blushed.

'No-- Yes' she said and I laughed.

'Why?' I asked back. 'Well, I was just thinking about how it smells like you' she said. 'I would hope so, seeing as it's my jacket' I said.

'No not like that. It's just your shampoo smells like coconuts and I always symbolise the smell of coconuts and you. Then there's your aftershave which smells amazing. It doesn't really have a specific fragrance. But it smells amazing. Again like you' she said and I smirked.

'Oh god. Did I just say all that out loud?' She cried.

'Yes' I responded and she blushed.

'Don't worry because your shampoo is a sweet smell of strawberry and lemons, as well as the fact that your lips always taste like raspberries... Even when your not wearing lip gloss. I love your fragrance and sometimes it becomes a problem actually' I admitted.

'Sorry? A problem?' She asked. 'Yeah, at unit the other day, one of the women was wearing the same stuff you wear, I had to ask her too leave the meeting because I couldn't stand the smell. In a good way. It was so overpowering' I said.

Since I've been hanging around I spend more time at unit making meetings and stuff.

I feel domesticated.

'How much longer do we have to stay?' I asked and she smiled. 'We can go if you like.

It's half 10 the wedding finishes at half 11 anyway' she said and she grabbed my hand.

She waved goodbye briefly too her dad but she's seeing him in the morning anyway, in fact he's in the room next to us.

I wrapped my arm around her waist and pulled her into the hotel room, where she eagerly span around and pushed me into the wall. 'So can we finish off now?' She asked and I smirked.

Outside we had done some... Stuff. Maybe a little too publicly but oh well. No one saw it.

She was already messing with my head as she was kissing me and now she doesn't have her tights on, it makes teasing her so much easier.

She groaned as she was pushed up against the wall and knew what my game plan was.

She built up the energy too push me into the bed and I landed gently on top of her pushing her further onto the bed.

I was still very much playing with her while she removed my bow tie, and shirt. I rolled her over so that she was on top and removed her dress while she continued kissing me.

I'd never done this to her before and had thought about it for a while. I just wasn't too sure how she would feel about it, but I've already got her half way there so why not go for it.

I sat up flipping her so she was flat on her back and she smiled appreciatively but she was already in pieces so I figured that now was my chance.

I kissed her mouth as I leant over her and hadn't even taken my trousers off yet, then I went for it.