𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓𝟎: 𝐋𝐢𝐞

Douma watched and hesitated to fight the urge to barge into the cafe, but he knew that he should have better control of his emotions.  He swallowed his feelings and smiled as his eyes only focused on Kotoha beaming with a bright smile.  Unknown to him that Kotoha had saw him in the corner of her eye.  Her face radiated with joy as her heart thumped in her chest.  Douma then turned away from the window and started walking away.  

Seeing this, Kotoha's legs suddenly ran towards the door, without her consent, as she pushed the door open, ran right behind him, and embraced him.  Douma's eyes widen at the sudden embrace and turned around to find Kotoha burying her face in his back.  A soft smile spread to his lips as he stood there for a few seconds and let her hold him.  She then let go of him and took a few inches back while Douma turned around to face her. 

"Eh, Kotoha, why did you come out?" 

"Sorry...I saw you out the window a-and my legs somehow carried me to you", she gripped her apron and bashfully blushed. 

Douma chuckled softly and took her hands and held them, "What a coincidence since mine did the same"

He pressed his forehead against hers as he looked at down at her.  Her clear, emerald-green eyes that looked so moist and shiny in the sun's glow.  Her blue hair that beautifully fell around her perfectly round face with pink lips that teased him so and a tingling-like feeling that made his heart beat like crazy. 

Kotoha smiled, "Is that so?"

"Indeed it is", Douma said as he brought their intertwined hands to his mouth and press her hands against his lips. 

"Will you come inside?  I'll make some coffee for you!", Kotoha beamed with a smile. 

Douma acted surprise, "Coffee made from my darlings hands?  How could I ever resist", his face melted to a smile, causing the air around them to be filled with Kotoha's sweet giggles. 

They walked inside the cafe, hand in hand, as she guided him inside.  People stole many glances at Douma as he walked in with some blushing shyly.  She showed him to a seat by the window and gave him a menu before bidding him goodbye to continue working.  

He opened the menu, but instead drew his eyes to watch Kotoha run around handing out food.  The way the sun shined on her blue hair, the way her eyes looked so excited, the way her lips curved into a beautiful smile, and the way she would giggle as she talked to other customers.  She was as bright as ever. 

"Hello, sir", a male voice interrupted him.  Douma looked up to see the same man who was with Kotoha now standing in front of his table.  Douma faked a smile as he observed him.  He had black, curly hair that reached the back of his neck with deep green eyes.  Douma didn't know why, but he felt as if his gut was being twisted inside out.  His eyes darkened as he stared at the man.  Something about this man seemed oddly familiar.  As if the feeling was right at the tip of his tongue. 

"Hello", Douma smiled. 

"What can I get for you today?"

"The number 12 and six chocolate croissants" 

"Oh my, is it for your family?" he chuckled slightly. 

Douma chuckled, "Indeed it is.  My family loves croissants"

Jiro's smile then darkened, "I'm sure Kotoha would love that"

Douma slightly flinched.  It wasn't the fact that he knew about him and Kotoha; he kissed her in front of the cafe where everyone could see through the glass.  It wasn't the fact that his smile somehow turned cold so suddenly.  It was how his voice sounded poisonous and filled with hostility, especially when he called out Kotoha's name.