Chapter 204: Yellow Roses & White Lilies

(Y'all- I love this chapter so much. It's such a cute AU. Also I apologize to all of the Rebecca's and Kevin's in the world, you'll see what I mean.)

Anyway, on with the story.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Peter loved working at his family's flower shop, it was a little store filled to the brim with a different array of flowers. He considered it his special oasis, his home away from home, the shop had been in his family for four generations. His great grandfather having built it from the ground up, and refusing to make chain stores, he was old fashioned that way, although as the times were changing they had to adapt, but overall the shop was doing well.

So far the college student was running the storefront while his aunt and uncle had the day off. They deserved it as those days are rare, and Peter didn't have any classes, it was perfect, besides, he liked helping people. While he finished wiping the counter the bell above the door rang, he glanced up to see a rugged golden locked man. Around his age, browsing around, he was really cute.

He clearly had no idea what he was looking for, Peter watched as confusion etched his expression, he couldn't help but softly chuckle at that. So he waited until the guy approached him, "A peony for your thoughts?" The young man asked, untucking the lily out from behind his circular eyewear frame.

He gave a curt smile, recognizing the little joke Peter apparently made. "My girl cheated, what's a flower that states: 'Screw you, I know you cheated. Stay away from me forever'?" He asked. Speaking in a slightly heavy accent, it definitely wasn't a New York accent. Which meant he wasn't from around these parts, it intrigued Peter.

Peter nodded his head, having had many interactions like this, men and women alike. Trying to find creative ways to break up with their former lovers. "I have the perfect bouquet, and you're in luck, we just got a new shipment." Peter led him to an arranged assortment of roses, all sorted in the colors of the rainbow.

He picked up a small bunch of flowers, along with a few others to make a bouquet. Going back behind the counter, and wrapping the flowers with a neat bow. Handing them over to the dirty blond haired man, giving him a small smile. "Hope it goes... okay. And if you need any other flowery help, poppy-n anytime."

The guy let out a breathy laugh, "Maybe I will darlin', you made my daisy." Peter laughed in response, the blond paid for his flowers and left but not before waving Peter goodbye. Peter hoped he'd be back, while the guy knew he'd be back, simply to see the brunet again, just thinking about his gorgeous pearly white smile made his head spin faster than the tornado that swept Dorothy and Frodo in The Wizard Of Oz. What could he say? The place had a certain charm to it.

Peter started watering the flowers, while he was doing so, his aunt came out from upstairs in the loft. She smiled at him but when he saw her he sighed, "May, you're supposed to be enjoying your day off!" He exclaimed.

"Your uncle and I are going to run a couple errands, we'll also pick something up for dinner alright?" Peter gave her a simple nod, May knew her nephew could hold the shop down while she and Ben were gone. After all, he was going to own it in a couple years when they retired. She was proud of how much Peter's grown, he was thriving in his adult life especially with everything he went through growing up.

"By the way, that boy you were helping, he was pretty cute." May smirked as she watched Peter's face flush a deep red. Peter had come out as bi when he was sixteen, of course she and Ben supported him, and made sure he knew they loved him no matter what.

Peter shrugged his shoulders, "Yeah, I guess so, but I'm pretty sure he's straight as he wanted to buy flowers to break up with his girlfriend."

May nodded her head, "You never know, maybe fate is in your favor."