Movie night

3 days had past since the conversation and Donatello Still had no idea what it meant. He was horrible at reading peoples emotions so understanding tricky things his brothers said to him didn't come naturally.

Y/n was almost completely healed other than occasional pain and had gone back to training, but most of this training was now based on harnessing her abilities and using them usefully. So far she had healed a cut on raph and a bruise on mikey but other than that she wasn't able heal anything else.

"I don't understand.. why can't I get it??" She whines to raph, who had just tried to get her to heal another wound.

"Don't worry y/n! You will get it eventually. Why don't you take the rest of the day to relax, you've been working hard."

"Thanks raph.."

The purple clad turtle peers out his door and this conversation before retreating back to the safety of his room. In his room he was free to make and do anything he wanted. If he wanted to make repairs to his staff he could. If he wanted to lay in bed all day and stare at the ceiling while thinking about things he could waste his time on then he could. Donnie's brain was always buzzing with ideas of new inventions to help the team. But lately he's been unable to get a certain girl out of his head. Her e/c eyes stood out in mess of his thoughts, so he found himself thinking about her and all the little things she did. Like how she would find random little animals that were injured and she'd heal them and then release them. Or how she would spend hours and hours talking about silly cartoons and shows. She was the first person to make a genuine conversation with him about his science and that means Alot to the softshell.

*Knock knock*

Donnie groans as he sits back up from the comfort of his bed. He must've gotten lost in thought. "Yes? Who is it?"

"U-uh.. it's y/n, I made cupcakes! I was just wondering if you wanted some..? I know you're probably busy with your work but I thought I'd offer anyway."

*donnies pov*

I slide off my bed and quietly walk to my door before opening it. "Thank you?"

"I was also wondering.. if you would like to watch a movie with me? I think there's a movie you might like?"

Heat rises to my cheeks as I try to conjure up any reason as to why she's asking me this. Is she asking me on a date? Is it platonic? I guess I must've looked a bit weird as she starts to stutter and tell me it's ok if I don't want to.

"N-no no. That's not it. I just need to do some quick arranging of my schedule to make sure I have enough time.." that was a lame excuse, I'd love to watch a movie with her but If I come off too eager then she might think I'm weird.

"Oh ok." She smiles at me, not just a mouth smile but a whole face smile. Where her eyes slightly squint and her cheeks get puffed. 

I slide back into my room and close the door for a minute or two. I spend this short period of time trying to calm myself. "Alright Donatello.. you've got this." I open the door once again and face the girl. "What's the movie?" I ask in my best 'im calm and normal and have totally normal feelings like a normal person' voice.

"Well.. I was thinking about watching the owl house? It's a bit childish but I think you would enjoy it.."

*time skip and 3rd person pov *

Y/n and Donnie had been watching the owl house for a few hours now, and Donnie was amazed. He really didn't like magic but he related to a lot of the characters and he liked the plot.

"Who's your favorite character!?" Y/n turned to face Donatello, she had really calmed down around the boy after spending so much time together.

"Hmmm... I think I'd have to pick amity, what about you?"

"I like (character name) a lot!"

*another time skip*

Y/n had fallen asleep, her chest grows and shrinks with the pattern of her gentle breathing. Donnie was just lying with her, listening to the sound of her breath.

The h/c haired girl turns in her sleep and wraps her arm around the turtle with a small groan, Donatello's eyes flick to the girl as he lay there.

'What do I do, what do I do, what do I do, what do I do, what do I do.'

His mouth dries up as sweat beads roll down his skin.

'Holy shit!!'

The girls soft fur grazes along his plastron.

'Her fur is so nice!!'

"It's so cold.." she shivers, moving closer and closer to Donnie until she was basically on top of him.

Donnie squeezes his eyes shut and hopes to god she doesn't wake up.

...

"Mmhmmn"

The make shift pile of blankets and pillows crinkle as she slowly rolls back over, leaving Donnie with just the feel of her fur and the blush on his face.

•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•

AHH IM SO SORRY THAT THIS CHAPTER TOOK SO LONG IVE BEEN SUPER BUSY LATELY

IMMA TEY MAKE MORE CHAPTERS SOON BUT NO PROMISES

ALSO TYSM FOR EVERYONE SUPPORTING ME AND COMMENTING ILY ALL SO MUCH OMG
Also omg 5K reads whaaat

ALSO TYSM FOR VOTING AND DOING EVERYTHING THAT YOU GUYS HAVE BEEN DOING ITS BEEN SO WONDERFUL TO SEE YOU ENJOY THIS ‼️‼️💗