The proposal "•"

Tony's gentle touches lure you out of your sleep, a content sigh slipping past your lips when he runs the tip of his fingers up and down your arm.

"Merry Christmas, baby." He whispers and places a kiss on the tip of your nose.

You instantly smile, whispering it back to him before grabbing his hand and dragging him out of bed. Christmas has always been your favorite holiday. The excitement that courses through you on that special morning has never changed as you grew up.

You admired your boyfriend from afar as he started the fire, the smell of fresh coffee invading the house. Filling up two mugs, you walk over to the tree, sitting next to Tony as he hands you the first gift. You gently shake the box before unwrapping it, finding a velvet box. You find the most stunning diamond necklace in it, your birthstone sitting in the middle shining bright as ever.

"Tony! It's beautiful. Thank you, baby." You lean forward and place a loving kiss on his lips, quickly pulling away before the two of you get carried away like you do every year.

The simple kiss doesn't satisfy Tony, so he grabs your waist and pulls you into his lap. You shake your head, laughing at his clinginess as you reach for his gift. Buying gifts for him was always hard. What do you buy a man who has everything? But over time, you've discovered Tony loves homemade gifts, like hand written letters, a batch of fresh cookies, or even a simple painting you made for him.

You spent the past few weeks looking through all you had of the two of you, printing out the ones that had the most sentimental value and putting them into a photo album. Next to each picture, you wrote a small paragraph that listed a reason why you loved him.

Tony held the album in front of you, his arms resting on your shoulders as he looked through it, occasionally stopping to read the note next to a picture. He didn't say a word, but you could feel the love radiating off of him, and that was more than enough for you.

Closing up the album, he gently places it next to him and wraps his arms around your shoulders. You lean back onto his shoulder and look up at him, noticing how his eyes are watering. He smiles down at you, placing a soft kiss on your lips before covering your face in kisses. His lips on your face tickles, causing you to break out in laughter.

"Thank you, Y/N. This is the best thing anyone's ever gifted me." Your stomach swarms with butterflies at his words, happy he loved his gift.

You spent the next few minutes exchanging the rest of your gifts. You gave Tony a puzzled look when he said your next gift was in a different room. Your eyes instantly drop to the box in his hands when he makes his way back to you. It was bigger than the rest of your gifts. He gestures for you to come towards the dining table.

"Don't shake this one." He says with a laugh when he places the box on the table. Almost immediately, the box moves on its own. Your eyes widen, wondering what the fuck this man bought you.

You slowly pull the top off the box, looking at Tony as you do so. He nods his head downwards and your eyes instantly water. Sat in the middle of the box was a tiny black kitten, big doe eyes staring back at you.

"No! Tony!" You gently pick up the tiny kitten, hearing it meow and curl into your chest when you bring it closer to your body. "Are you serious right now?"

Looking down at the kitten once more, you noticed a small box on its collar. You pop the box open and see a little note, hot tears filling your eyes.

'Will you marry me?'

You look back up only to see Tony on his knee in front of you, holding a beautiful engagement ring.

"Y/N, you've completely changed my life. I knew from the moment I first laid eyes on you that I wanted to marry you. You make everyday worth living, so will you do me the honor of becoming my wife?"

Dropping ‌to your knees, you place the kitten on the floor before grabbing Tony's face, pressing your lips to his. You only pull away when the lack of oxygen becomes clear, placing three pecks on his lips and putting your foreheads together.

"Yes." You breathe out.

"Yeah?" He questions, grabbing your face and using his thumbs to wipe the tears under your eyes.

You nod, smiling like an idiot as he presses a kiss on your forehead. Grabbing your left hand, he slides the ring on your ring finger. It's no surprise it fits perfectly, like everything else Tony's gifted you.

"Are you ready for forever, Mrs. Stark?" He says, a beautiful smile decorating his lips

"I'm ready for forever, Mr. Stark."