#4: Brotherly love

I got accepted into the production. By the grace of God and simply chance.

Not only was it that, but it was as the main dancing (If you ask me, I feel like they ran out of people who signed up to dance... and could actually dance and so decided to cast me as I am on the A group for dance class) Anyway, all I know for sure is I get to be a plus one in one of the main characters' monologues.. isn't it just perfect?

The happiness I've begun feeling is one strangely unfamiliar to me. This feels new, explorative, inquisitive and ... Real. As if a new type of serotonin was blasted into my bloodstream.

Not having had any sort of feelings for anyone in all of my school life, like this, has given me no luck or favour. Especially when checking the main character list to see Jeff's name at the very top, that's all I have to know. Just so that I can acknowledge this will be one of the most showstoppering events to take place in the history of my not-so-frivolous life.

I can feel it.

There is a sudden pressure on my shoulder which feels like a soft large and warm hand. I had skimmed my eyes of the crowd before I reached the notice board, it was pretty full,  but now all those enthusiastic people and dispersed and were gone.

My eyes and head turn slowly, ready to glare at whoever put an uninvited hand on me, however, once I catch a sight my heart stops. All feelings of embarrassment,  surprise, happiness,  love... all expressed into short,  high-pitched gasps I let out, covering my mouth out of embarrassment immediately after.

"Woah, sorry if I scared you." Jeff chuckles "I just wanted to congratulate you on getting one of 3 the main dancer roles, you do dance pretty well from what I know." Jeff speaks, winking a sickeningly charming wink.

I stop breathing for a second.... and then my lungs, not long after kick start back into working by a very firm, big-brotherly couple of hits on the back from Jeff, for support.

I barely utter "Thanks" as he smiles adorably. I smiled back chuckling at how ridiculous I sounded to myself in my head.

Please vote and comment 🥰