The Talk

Fast forward 3 years;

Fred and George are like my brothers, I spend more time with them than anyone I ever talk to (by now, I can tell them apart). I realized by 3rd term of 1st year that I liked them...

'Them'

I was sitting in the library, studying for my potions exam.
I usually wake up around 4:30 - 5:00 in the morning to study, so I don't run into Hermione - she usually wakes up around 6:30 - 7:00, that's when I go back to my dorm to nap until 7:30.

I was so lost in studying that I haven't realized it was 7:50. I quickly gathered all my books and papers and rushed out of the library. As I was speed-walking in the hallway, I saw Draco walking in my direction. He saw me too and tried to talk to me.

"Oh, Y/N-"

"Really sorry, but I REALLY have to go right now. Talk soon? Okay bye" I said in a huge rush.

He stayed in place for a second in shock, then shrugged and walked on by.

I was only a few steps from the Hufflepuff common room when I stopped, thinking if I forgot something in the library.

'My bag...'

'...SHIT'

I ran as fast as the Nimbus 2001 at its highest speed to the library, and right then and there, I saw the person I feared the most.

'Her'

'What's one bag gone?' I thought to myself, and immediately turn my back towards her and walked back to my dorm.

I was lying in bed, really upset, because I really liked that bag.
It was a black duffle bag, with magenta-pink, thick, big and bold letters spelling my name throughout the width on the side, last gift to me from my favourite uncle.

I just laid on my bed for 5 minutes until 8:10 am.

'Class starts in 50 minutes' I thought to myself.

I got up off my bed and got my dress robes on, braided my hair, brushed my teeth and moisturized my face (I don't wear makeup). By the time I was done all that, it was 8:47. I gathered my textbooks and notebooks, and started walking in the halls, until someone poked me on the back.

I stood still, frozen, goosebumps letting loose all over my body (my back, specifically speaking). I turned around, but I didn't see Hermione, I saw Dean Thomas.

"Oh my god," I sighed in relief, "please don't ever do that again. So what's u-", my tongue froze when I saw him holding a bag. A duffle bag. A black duffle bag. With pink letters.

"Uhm.. sorry, but is that.. mine..?" I asked, a bit awkwardly.

"Yeah," he said.
I only heard the 'y' in 'yeah' when I felt a sudden wave of gratefulness and joy. "I saw it in the library, and you're the only Y/N in Hogwarts that I know" he laughed.

"Thank you! So much!"

"No problem!" He smiled.

The bell rang before I could gratefully thank him again.

"Hey, don't we have first period together?" I asked.

"Yeah, actually!" He said. "Let's go, and good luck on the exam!" He said as we started walking, and headed to our first period, potions.

Time skip until after I finish my exam;

I hand in my papers to Professor Snape and sit back down on my seat. I regretted handing in my paper 15 minutes before class was dismissed, I just sat there, really bored, wishing I brought some books.