3 • World's Biggest Ball of Twine - Part 1

━━━━━━━━━▲━━━━━━━━━

Word Count: 1854

S:3 E:2 - 00:00-10:00

━━━━━━━━━▼━━━━━━━━━

I slowly woke up in a daze.

"Mornin'," Five murmured. Then I heard a gun click.

"Mhm...." I mumbled, not bothering to open my eyes, knowing that I could easily dodge, control, or explode any bullet fired. Instead of reacting, I listened and became more conscious of where I was. I could feel my fluffy bed sheet wrapped around me and what felt like the rough towel from yesterday.

When did I get in bed?

I tried to recall the events of last night but couldn't get farther than falling asleep in the sauna.

"Did you bring me to bed last night?" I asked groggily in my sleepy morning voice.

"Well, luckily for you, I decided to not let you suffocate in a sauna overnight. So, yes, I brought you up here."

"I thought you weren't allowed to move?" I mumbled, my eyes still closed.

"I thought you weren't a heavy sleeper," Five replied.

"Where'd you get the gun?" I asked casually, avoiding the lie I didn't want to explain.

"Found it in a park, actually," Five sarcastically said.

I slowly blinked until they were clear and spotted Five sitting in a chair he had propped next to my bed. Five sat with his right foot on his left knee and his hand gripping the pistol on the opposite knee. Five looked like he'd held a gun to someone so casually many times before. I mirrored his calmness, accustomed to being held at gunpoint, having escaped death before.

"Klaus and Luther are missing, and your family seems to be behind it," Five stated.

"Five," I paused. "I've been with you and asleep the entire time. I have no clue what the Sparrows are up to."

"Well, until they return, I'm not letting you out of my sight."

"You already seem to be following me," I mumbled.

Five closed his eyes and took a breath in, looking frustrated. "I've spent the last 43 years of my life in and preventing multiple apocalypses. I'd like to retire finally, so if you could just get Luther and Klaus back, I'll get out of your hair," Five smugly smiled at me.

"And what if I don't?" I smirked.

"Then you'll never get rid of me," Five affirmed.

"You'd like that," I titled my head to the side, "wouldn't you?" I asked.

"Not any more than you would," Five stated.

Maybe I would like it...

Shut up, shut up!

I sighed, rubbing my face once more before looking down. I was messily wrapped in a mix of blankets and a towel that barely covered me. I quickly grabbed the towel and brought it to my chest, swaddling myself as I stood up.

"Do I get to use the bathroom first?" I asked caustically, "Or are you going to follow me there too?"

"You have two minutes," Five said sternly.

I walked to the bathroom, did my business, and came back out, searching for my clothes as Five watched me. I tried to think and remembered that I had left them in the spa. Before walking to my closet, I noticed the same pair of clothes neatly folded on my white couch.