Call Me Crazy: Prologue

NEW PROLOGUE! The last one just didn't fit very well! The story is still continuing as it has been. 

Oh and listen to the song. So awesome! 

Hope you like it! 

Vote

&

Comment

Show me some love!

Prologue:

I’ve Outgrown My Home

It hurts.

My chest is achy and my hand still tingles from the smack it delivered hours before.

It’s for the best, I tell myself. But the words are weak for I have never felt more alone. 

My best friend won’t answer my calls. My mother has hammered into her third bottle of wine and fails to answer my sheepish attempts at conversation. And the boy I love doesn’t love me anymore.

With a sigh I flop down on the soft duvet and my eyes can’t help but roll back towards my desk.

The thick envelope lays open on top my cracked and worn desk, one of my possible futures spelled out in fancy words and a signature and just to the left my cell phone sits. Another future lies with that tiny silver rectangle. I could make the call and he’d come for me, I know he would. He’s so guilt ridden and eager to please me that he’d run with very little prompting.

My tingling hand creeps across the silky covering and I reach in the direction of the cell phone. My eyes are puffy and red from crying and it just seems like the only option. I'm sick of crying and feeling sorry for myself. This feel like the best option.

I can’t look into my mom’s dull eyes and see the dead disappointment anymore and I can’t bare the idea of walking into school Monday knowing that my best friend won’t be there to laugh with me. I'd have to look on knowing she doesn't want my company.

Everything is ruined. I’ve outgrown this home.

So when given the option of a brand new home. Who wouldn’t go for it?

Peeling my sweaty body from the quilt I let the cold cell rest in my palm as I dial the memorised number and press the little green call button.