Chapter twenty two

A MONTH LATER......
     it's been a month since Ana's supposed demise, everything had gone back to the way it was.
      Although Mrs Hamilton still missed her, she kept her feelings hidden. All the helpers excluding Veronica and Sonya resigned from their respective duties and Alex had them killed immediately they resigned because he felt they defied him.
       The martinis got to know of Justin's death but they didn't act due to the fact that Justin had a hand in Ana's death.
************************************************
In a small hut a woman is seen cooking with her back facing the entrance, she had dark long hair, hair as dark as that of the late Anastasia Hamilton.
     A middle aged woman walks in.
" Why do you keep helping me? How do you think I'll cope when you leave especially now that you're making me lazy?" She asks.
" Let the time for me draw near. till then, I'll keep doing what I think is good" the dark haired woman replied and flipped her hair.
" If you say so. I'm off to fetch some wood so we can make dinner" she said and made to leave.
" There's no need for that" the chef ( dark haired woman) said causing the middle aged woman to halt. " I already fetched it" she said, still backing the middle aged woman.
" Oh dear, what will I do without you? Thanks" the middle aged woman said. " Alright, I'll leave now" she said and left.
   The woman cooking chuckles, she'll never change. She stirs her food when suddenly she starts coughing. She stands from the stone which she was using as a chair and runs out of the hut. She moves to a nearby bush and throws up. She makes to return to the kitchen but her legs don't move. She becomes dizzy and passes out while her hair covers her face.

" Ana!!" A girl, about four years old calls and runs to the woman on the floor.
" Salish? What's wrong" the middle aged woman asks and gasps as she sees the woman who was once in the kitchen on the floor, unconscious.
    Salish runs in and returns with a cup of water in her hand which she splashes on ' Ana' causing her to regain consciousness.
       The middle aged lady helps Ana up and they move into the main house which is just a two bedroom apartment ( unfurnished). They place' Ana' on the chair and she drinks some water.
" Thanks Margaret" Ana said and tucked her dark long hair behind her ear revealing her beautiful face. Her ocean blue eyes, her cute nose and her rosy lips. They look familiar.......... Anastasia Hamilton, wife of Alexander Hamilton. The woman who is supposed to be dead.......
************************************************
Hi readers, I hope you're enjoying the book. Don't forget to rate, if you've already rated, thanks. I love you all.
************************************************
" Accept my offer now Mr Mendes, you don't want me to loose my cool" Alex threatens a man with glasses opposite him.
" I'm sorry sir, the deal's not worth it. Saffron company is willing to offer double please excuse me" Mr Mendes said and made to walk out but he halts at the door when Derrick, Alex's guard walked in with a knife in his hands.
" I was afraid you'd reject my offer so I came prepared" Alex said with a smirk on his face.
   Mr Mendes fell to his knees and began to beg Alex.
" Good boy, now sign the contract" Mr Mendes signs the contract with shaky hands. He was scared to death.
" I'll leave now" Alex said. He stood up and walked to the door where Derrick stood, the knife still in position. He whispered to him" finish the job" and with that, he left.
     Derrick walked to Mr Mendes and he looked at Derrick with fear in his eyes.
" Please don't kill........." And with a swift slicing, Derrick slit his throat causing him to fall to the ground, lifeless. Derrick picked him up and placed him on his chair before turning it around to back the entrance. He cleaned the blood on his knife and leaves the office.
      Minutes later, a woman walks in with some documents in her hands.
" Sir, every thing is in place" she said but got no response. She called to him but he didn't respond so she walks to him and turns his chair.
" Aaaaaaaaaaaaah" she screamed and ran out immediately she saw the lifeless body of Mr Mendes.
    Another person added to the list of Alex's numerous kills.

Join my fb group: star Macy stories.