Chapter twenty three

" are you alright now?" Margaret asked Ana, concern written all over her face.
Ana nods yes, showing she's fine.
   Margaret looks at her. " I think you should go see a doctor" she suggests.
" No I can't Meg. We don't have enough money to feed on let alone go see a doctor" Ana said.
Meg gave her a reassuring smile. " It doesn't matter because I already called the doctor here" she said and signalled at Ana to look at the door as a woman walked in.
" You called the doctor?" Ana whispered.
Meg nods in affirmation. " You're gonna have to be fine if you're gonna take revenge on your husband" Meg said and smiled.
   Ana realized she was right. If she was going to get revenge on Alex, she had to be fine. Her thoughts travelled to how Meg had saved her that very day.
Yes! If not for Meg, she'd have drowned in the water the day she fell.
" Can I examine you?" The doctor asked.
Ana nods and the doctor examines her. She feels her pulse, her heart beat, her eyes and boobs. She smiles, " congratulations, you're one month pregnant"
   Ana looked at her in shock and so did Meg. If Ana was pregnant, then it meant she wouldn't be able to carry out her plan on Alex.
No! She decided. She was going to get revenge, pregnant or not.
    She gave the doctor a sheepish smile before going into the little room she shared with Salish.
     " Thanks doctor, I'll see you out" Meg said, leading the doctor out of the small house.
   Salish, despite being a little child understood that Ana was having mixed feelings regarding being pregnant so she decided to meet her
" Ana?" She called with that tiny voice of hers.
Ana looked at her in a way that indicated that she wasn't willing to talk to anyone.
" I understand you're having mixed feelings about the baby but trust me, babies are blessings and you should be happy you have a baby, father or not. Look at me, do I have a dad? No" she said, answering her own question. " I don't have a dad. Why did he leave? He left because Mom couldn't bear him children so i want you to be happy for what you have. A baby" Salish said a made to leave.
" Salish wait" Ana stood and walked to the little girl. She knew that for a child of four, Salish was surely smart. She embraced the girl in a tight hug.
    Meg walked in, " Ana, should we make preparations?"
" Yes. I'm leaving tomorrow" Ana said.
    Salish looked at Ana in a way that showed that she didn't want Ana to leave but Ana's mind was already made up. She gave Salish a reassuring smile before leaving for the kitchen.

THE NEXT DAY.......
    Ana stood outside the small house which had provided shelter for her in the last month. She looked at Salish who was sad, Meg who had mixed emotions and back in the house. She smiled.
" Are you sure you'll be fine?" Meg asked.
  Ana nods and Salish embraces her in a tight embrace.
" Make sure to take care of yourself alright?"
" Yes" she turns and sees the carriage that is to take her to her destination so she gets into it with a little bag which contains some food, clothes and money. The carriage starts to move and she waves at Salish and Meg until she's out of sight
" It's ghost time" she said to herself and chuckled.

ALEX'S HOUSE......
It's night time, Alex had gone to bed, he was very tired due to the stressful day he just had.
    He got thirsty so he decided to have some water when suddenly he notices someone in his balcony. He suspects it to be a bodyguard but shrugs if off when he see through the shadow that it's a woman.
      He put on his slippers and puts on his lights.
" Who is it?" He asked but got no response.
    He went outside and met the greatest shock of his life. He saw the ghost of his late wife,....... Anastasia Hamilton.
" Hello husband" she said with an evil smile on his face.
" Aaaaaaah" Alex screamed and ran into his room.

DON'T FORGET TO RATE AND REVIEW.

Incase you haven't, check out enemies in love by Star Macy