Dinner

After the phone call with my brother I finished getting ready and making myself look somewhat human and like I hadn't been lounging around all day. At 6 on the dot there was a knock on my door. Sox looked up from where he was sitting on the couch and then looked at me.

"We have a visitor, don't be a jerk." I said to Sox and walked to the door opening it. I saw Andy standing there with a few bags of food, I smiled. "Hey, come on in." I said and moved to the side and he walked in.

"Thanks for doing this..." Andy said and I shook my head as I took the food from him so he could take off his jacket and shoes.

"For having dinner in the privacy of a home? It's not a big deal Andy. I understand." I said and he smiled as we walked to my kitchen.

"We can either eat at the counter or the couch. I'm not picky." I said and he smiled.

"Couch sounds great." Andy said. I smiled handing him back the bags.

"Head over to the couch and I will get us drinks. You okay with sweet tea?" I asked and Andy nodded with a smile. Before he could walk to the living room Sox was entering the kitchen.

"I'll be right in after I feed my pig of a cat." I said and Andy laughed. Andy waited for me to feed Sox and then get the drinks, plates and silverware. We headed into the living room and sat down. Once we dished everything out we started eating.

"So how was Jacob today after his second scan?" I asked.

"Everything is still looking good. He is going to get to come home soon they think. He will be in a wheelchair for awhile until we can get a physical therapist and nurse to come in and help him." Andy said and I smiled.

"Do you have the means to keep him on the first floor?" I asked and Andy nodded.

"Yeah there is an office downstairs in the house so we will just move him in there." Andy said and I nodded.

"And Laurie?" I asked and I saw Andy slightly wince.

"She uh, gets to come home around the same time but she had been getting physical therapy the whole time so she will be able to get up to the room." Andy said and I nodded.

"Once everything gets worked out and taken care of are you still thinking of moving everyone to Colorado?" I asked, Andy sighed with a shrug.

"I honestly don't know. I guess the three of us would have to talk about it." Andy said and I just half nodded.

"Well I hope you all can come to an agreement." I said and Andy gave a small smile. "What would you do if you go to Colorado? Be an ADA there or regular lawyer?" I asked and Andy looked at me slightly shocked. "I followed the case Andy, they always said you were an ADA." I added and he sighed.

"I always forget my life was under a microscope." Andy said and I nodded.

"Not something I miss for sure." I mumbled and Andy just looked at me.

"Taylor..." Andy asked and I just shook my head.

"It's not important." I said and I heard my phone ring again. I saw it was unknown again.

"Sorry, give me a second." I said grabbing my phone from the coffee table and walking into the kitchen.

"You have a call coming in from The Tennessee State Prison from prisoner Dean Miller. Do you accept the charges?"

"Yes..." I groaned. I waited for him to be there.

"TT..." He said and I groaned.

"We talked a few hours ago, what do you need?" I asked.

"I meant to ask you if you are coming into town in 2 weeks?"

"You can't be serious and hold me to this now that I have moved?" I asked.

"It's tradition." Dean said.

"I'll think about it."

"TT, please, I don't ask for much." Dean said.

"No just money and now this..." I said and I snuck a peek at Andy and he was trying not to listen but was hearing everything no matter how quiet I tried to be. "Listen, put me on the approved visitor list and if I make it in I will come by okay?" I asked.

"Sounds good, I miss you TT." Dean said.

"Yeah." I said and hung up. I walked back over to the couch sitting down.

"Everything okay?" Andy asked seeing me tense and I nodded.

"Yeah, just family drama." I said and Andy half smiled.

"Isn't family great?" Andy asked and I huffed a laugh.

"The best." I said and Andy smiled. We continued eating and once we were done we just sat talking and learning about each other. I got up and started picking up the dishes and glasses.

"Let me help you." Andy said and I smiled.

"You don't need to, it's okay." I said and Andy shook his head and followed me to the kitchen. As I started doing the dishes Andy offered to dry. Once we got done I handed Andy the last dish and he was drying it as I dried off my hands.

"Thank you for the help." I said and opened the cupboard to put the dishes away. Andy reached around me to put something on the shelf above what I was doing. I turned to look at him and smiled. I saw him leaning in closer and I didn't stop him. I felt his lips touch mine, I closed my eyes and leaned into the kiss. It felt right, wrong but right. Before it could get too deep Andy pulled away and just looked at me.

"I think I should go." Andy said and quickly walked to the door, grabbing his coat, putting on his shoes and leaving. I stood leaning against the counter in shock of what just happened.