Dean's Story

It had been a few days of being at home and it was finally the day that we didn't talk about in my family. I got up and went to leave but was met by my mother at the door who handed me a card and letter. I looked at her oddly.

"It's from your father." She said and I nodded. I kissed her cheek and walked out the door to make the long drive to the prison.

I stopped on the way to get something to eat and drink even though I wasn't sure it was going to stay down, I was so nervous. I always got this way going to see Dean. Once I parked I walked into the main building and signed in after the checked to see if my name was on the list. They took the things I had for him that they would give him later since it all had to be checked and secured. I put my personal belonging in lock box provided for me and was giving a visitors pass. I sat in a chair against the wall with other people here to visit people they knew. I looked at my hands in my lap reliving the day when I found out what happened.

*****FLASHBACK*****

"Mama! Dean was supposed to be home 20 minutes ago! Is he going to get in trouble like I did for missing curfew 3 days ago?" 16-year-old me asked coming down the stairs.

"Stop, your brother is 18 and allowed to be out later than you." Mike said and I groaned.

"Only 2 years! I don't get how its any different." I said.

"730 days, that's how it's different." Mike said giving me the count of 2 years in days. I sighed and went into the kitchen. I was making me a snack when the phone rang. I went to answer it but my dad picked it up. I went to listen.

"Dean! Calm down, what's going on? Police station?! Why?" That was all I heard my father say and then hang up.

"Taylor, get in the car we have to go!" Mike yelled and I stopped what I was doing, rushed to put my shoes on and ran out the front door with my parents. The ride to the station was silent and I didn't know what to do or say. Once we arrived I rushed in behind my parents, I wanted to see my brother. Whatever they were saying happened, he didn't do, my brother was perfect. My mom and dad stopped to talk to the officer at the front desk and I looked around I saw my brother handcuffed to an officers desk. I made sure no one was looking and I walked over to Dean. I looked at him and saw he was covered in blood and his eyes looked dark.

"Dean..." I said as I crouched in front of him and he looked at me. His eyes went from dark and light.

"TT..." He said and I sighed.

"What happened?" I asked in a whisper.

"Taylor, what are you doing here?" Dean asked.

"They called mom and dad. Dad made me come. Dean...what is going on?" I asked trying to stay quiet since no one noticed me. He was about to say something.

"TAYLOR!" I heard my dad yell and I looked at him. "Go out there and wait!" Mike yelled and pointed to the waiting area.

"Dad..." I said and he glared at me. I got up and kissed Dean's cheek and went to wait while my parents walked in with the office. The Officer stopped me.

"Did he tell you anything?" The officer asked and I shook my head.

"This is serious Taylor, did he say anything?" Mike asked and I looked at my dad.

"No dad, he didn't say anything." I said and walked to the waiting area. I wasn't sure when I fell asleep waiting but I woke up covered up by a blanket. I sat up and looked around. I noticed the sun was up and my parents were still missing. I walked up to the front desk.

"Are my parents still here?" I asked and the officer nodded.

"Yes ma'am, your brothers lawyer is here meeting with him and your parents." He said and I nodded.

"Can you tell me where the restroom is?" I asked and he pointed down the hall and I smiled. As I walked to the restroom and I was able to look in a small window on a door to an interrogation room seeing my brother, parents and lawyer. Dad was pacing and looked pissed. Dean saw me and slightly nodded his head back and I knew what he meant. I checked the door next to his room, it was unlocked. When I walked in I noticed it was the watch room and had the big one-way mirror. I turned on the microphone.

"Okay so let's go over this account of events one more time. You had been seeing this girl a few months ago?" The lawyer asked.

"Yes." Dean answered.

"She broke up with you?"

"Yes."

"She got a new guy?"

"Yes"

"What happened tonight?" The lawyer asked and Dean groaned.

"I saw her out at the college bar so I walked up to her and she was being flirty and sweet to me saying she missed me. So we went back to her apartment and things we getting pretty hot and heavy when her new boyfriend walked in. He attacked me, I just defended myself. He attacked me so I fought back." Dean said and I covered my mouth in shock.

"But you grabbed a knife!" Mike yelled and the lawyer looked at him to not say anything.

"I needed to defend myself!" Dean yelled.

"You stabbed him 15 times. That's over kill Dean." The lawyer said. He didn't say anything.

"Then you raped the girl." The lawyer continued.

"She wanted me!" Dean said and I heard the gruffness in his voice. This wasn't my brother.

"She didn't! She was screaming and scared." The lawyer said. I couldn't hear anymore, I felt like I was going to be sick. I ran out of the watch room and to the bathroom. I barely made it the stall before I lost all the contents of my stomach. Once I left the bathroom I ran into my mom and dad.

"Come on, we're leaving!" Mike said.

"I want to see Dean!" I yelled.

"No! You will never see Dean again!" Mike said grabbing my arm. I yanked my arm away and I ran back to the room they came out of and opened the door.

"Dean?!" I asked and he just looked at me.

"I'm sorry TT, I love you." Dean said and my dad dragged me out of the room.

*****END FLASHBACK*****

That was how I left my brother before his murder and rape trial. My father hated going and showing the family front but we convinced him we had to. Something recently changed in my father to where he didn't want to have a son anymore. I heard a guard talking so I looked up as everyone stood up and we were escorted into the day room. We had to go in one by one. I saw Dean sitting at the table and I smiled at him. It was my turn to walk in and I walked over to Dean. I looked at the guard standing there.

"Can I hug him?" I asked and he nodded. I hugged Dean and he held on to me tightly.

"Hey TT." He said.