𝟢𝟣𝟣. 𝗃𝖺𝗒 𝗇 𝖻𝖾𝗒

𝖺𝗎𝗍𝗎𝗆𝗇
𝟩:𝟤𝟤𝗉𝗆
𝖺𝗉𝖺𝗋𝗍𝗆𝖾𝗇𝗍

•••

"Do I look presentable?" I ask her as I straighten my button up.

She grins and nods, "Yes, stop worrying. My parents are gonna love you. You're black, more than financially stable, and plus if I love you, they love you."

I wrap my arm around her and pull her closer, "You love me?"

She kisses me, "I do."

"I love you too."

"Not gonna lie, you meeting my parents is long overdue. Like three months overdue."

"True, but we doing it now so."

"Yep. Are you really nervous?"

"Nah, the parents always love me," I smirk.

She hits my shoulder, "Boy please."

"Just a lil jokey joke calm down."

"Yea yea. You ready?" She asks as she fixes her dress.

I place my hand around her waist and nod my head.

"Boy you better calm down lookin' at me like."

I laugh as I kiss her forehead, "I just have a lot to say but I suck at expressing my emotions to people so like, all I can do is just admire you."

She stares deep into my eyes in awe, "You must want another baby."

"Slow down, can we have the first one first?"

"Alright, alright let's go, we're gonna be late," she giggles as we leave our apartment.

We finally get to her parents house and her mother greets us at the front door.

She shakes her forearms with excitement as she goes in to hug me and Riley.

She rubs her tummy in awe and looks up at me with a smile on her face, "Oh, Benjamin! I've always liked you! I have a lot of faith in you two, please don't let me down!"

I chuckle as I reassure her.

We enter the house and walk into the living room where Riley's dad is, watching tv.

He smiles as he notices Riley walking in. He stands up and hugs her, "Hey baby girl!"

"Hey dad!" She hugs him back. "I don't think you two have ever actually met..but dad, this is Benjamin. Ben, this is my dad." She says nervously.

I'm not even as nervous as she is. Should I be?

We both greet each other; he doesn't seem hostile, he just seems happy.

I don't meet many parents, but the dads usually do have some hostile look to them.

He's actually chill as fuck, not shady or territorial at all.

It's actually kind of weird now that I think about it...but I'm not gonna think about it too hard right now.

The day finally ends; we say our goodbyes and head back home.

"See, I told you it was nothing to worry about," Riley said as I drove us.

I chuckled, "Why'd you look at me like that when I was meeting your dad?"

"Okay..I was kind of nervous about you two meeting, usually he's a little more hostile but I'm shocked, he didn't threaten you at all."

"Threaten?"

"Yeah, so that's good!"

"Why was he so chill like that though? It was kind of creepy."

"Well uhh..the only other guy I introduced to my parents was white so- yeah maybe he was relieved?"

"Nahh, what? You like em unmelanated?" I say shocked.

"Dude stop, I was in a phase.."

"White man phase is crazy."

"Please leave me alone."

I stop myself from laughing, "My fault mama ima leave you alone."

"Anyways, I have a serious question."

I turn to her and raise my brow. She laughs and rolls her eyes, "Boy I'm serious stop playin."

"Girl what's the question?"

"..You is too sassy for me," she does a stank face.

"Ry what is the question."

"Do you want to know the gender of the baby? Or do you want it to be a surprise?"

"I wanna know. But, I wanna find out at the baby shower."

"Okay good me too."

"You really my twizzy."

"WE LIKE DESE," she shouts as she crosses her fingers.

"Ry calm down before you shit da baby out."

Her face goes straight as I bust out laughing, "Ben take me HOME I'm tired of you already."

"I'm sorry it's funny makin you mad."

"Yea whatever nigga."