Prologue

I inch towards the door, hearing the noise of multiple voices and cameras going off. I peek through the hole but it's blocked by a hand. I lean back on my heels and hesitate to open the door. Someone bangs again, harder, making me think if I don't answer the door, they'll smash the door down.

So, when I open the door, slightly, it gets forcefully swung open. Bright flashes of light blinds me repeatedly as I heard people talking over each other, mics are shoved in my face and the loudness, become irritating. But something catches me attention when a man, a report, calls me, "Miss Joey?"

My eyes open against the blinding light and I stare at the man as he brings his mic up. "Is it true that you were present during the murder of Quintin Beck in Venice days ago with Spiderman?"

"Miss Joey!" Another voice in the back of flashing lights calls out, "how long have you known Peter Parker was Spiderman?

Yup, that's me and unfortunately, my life.

But let's take it back a notch, shall we? I think we missed a few big parts to this unworthy story. It all happened a couple of weeks ago, when everything is semi-perfect– or as semi-perfect as they could've been regarding my irritating life.

And how it all started was with a lie– or an excuse to cover up the annoying truth.