A Mess

Chapter 11: A mess

"I... I think I want to keep it."

His words seemed to echo and linger in the suddenly very silent room. Three pairs of eyes stared at him in shock and surprise as the information sank in. For a long moment, everything stopped. Time seemed to be frozen and Kenma wasn't even sure they were breathing as he observed them with growing worry.

"I... Uh- I just..." He butchered his words in a clumsy attempt to categorize their reaction.

Kuroo was the first to break out of his frozen state carefully taking the Omega's hand and wiping his tears away. He didn't dare get up his hopes yet. Of course, he would be thrilled to have this child with Kenma but there was a good reason why this had never been the plan, to begin with. The Alpha didn't want the Omega to push past his limits just because he thought he had to.

"Are you absolutely certain? You don't have to you know that, right? If you do it shouldn't be for anyone else and only if you are sure." He spoke calmly, his touch tender and warm. It made Kenma's heart skip a beat and eased his worries.

A small smile cracked through the facade and he let out a small, nervous chuckle. "Of course not. There has never been something I was so unsure of in my life."
He leaned into his touch before pulling away again looking at all three of them individually.
"But I have to make decisions. There is no easy way out and... I think that with you as my mates... I think I might be able to do it as long as you don't leave my side."

He could feel the warm love trickling into him through their bond, could practically hear Bokuto's thoughts as the Alpha was itching to engulf him into his arms again. He motioned for him to wait just a bit longer, just so he could finish his thought.

"Don't get me wrong I'm still terrified of this. I've been panicking for almost two weeks now without so much as a clear thought for the majority of the time but... I'm terrified either way. Ideally, this would have never happened but it did and now I'm just... I think I can't forget it. I don't want to ask myself what ifs moving forward and I know this might be a foolish reason but... I just... I..."

Akaashi smiled sympathetically, the worried crease between his brows still present as he chewed nervously on his bottom lip. "It's okay. I mean you don't have to decide now. I know it's not much time but still...".

Kenma shook his head. " No, I do. Much longer and I will lose it. I thought about it. After we talked I thought about it a lot and... and... Now that we have the first picture..." New tears welled up again and he cursed under his breath, 100% blaming the pregnancy hormones. "Maybe I'm already too emotional but... but... If you stay with me and help me as you said..."

"Of course Kitten! We'll spoil and pamper you the whole nine... Well, six months— No scratch that, we'll spoil you for as long as you want us to, right?" The other two nodded.

"Naturally." Akaashi smiled. "Most of my work can be done from home anyways and it is still a few months till the next season for you starts-" he looked at Kou "- meaning we have plenty of time to figure out our plans for things like paternity leave."

"We gathered some info on that already anyways since at least part of this was the plan." Kuroo chuckled before his eyes softened again. "We already told you plenty of times but I'll say as much as you need me to: we will be there for you every step of the way no matter what-"
He couldn't even finish his speech before Kenma locked his arms around him again, crying into his shirt.

The gesture broke the unspoken tension and served as an invitation for Bokuto who closed his arms around the both of them, while Akaashi settled for observing the chaos and silently wiping away his own tears.