Chapter 3

As soon as she arrived at her destination she got off of her bike and she went to investigate. There was claw marks that scraped the ground. The claw marks led into the woods. So she mustered up her courage and she followed the claw marks. As soon as she stepped foot in the woods she had the uncomfortable feeling that someone or something was there with her in those woods. She heard twig snap and jerked her head to the left. She let out a sigh of relief when she saw it was only a squirrel. She walked a little further when she came upon a creek. She saw little tadpoles in the water and some small fish as well. She found a bridge and used the bridge to get across. Once across she found the claw marks again and continued the journey. She heard the same noise as earlier except after the twig snap she heard a low growl or grunting noise coming from her right. She turned her head slowly for in fear of what she will come face to face with. When she turned her head in a full rotation to the right she was immediately frozen in fear. She was face to face with the creature that she saw on the side of the road. It pounced on her and she new that she was literally fighting for her life. She was restraining it as good as she could. He had one hand on the top part of the mouth and her other hand on the bottom part of the mouth. She somehow managed to get ontop the creature and tackle it to the ground. She gathered up all her strength and she broke the creatures neck. She got a piece of cloth and she wrapped up her arm. Then she felt something oozing down her forehead and she felt and then there was a jolt of pain as she touched her wound. She looked down at her hand and her hand was covered in blood. She got up and pedaled home. As soon as she got home she burst through the front door tears streaming down her face.
" Oh my gosh are you okay!?! Your bleeding! What happened to your arm?!?!?!? "
She proceeded to tell her about the encounter and how she got her wounds.
" And then it bit me and that's when I felt blood on my forehead and then after that that's when I came home"
" Come on I'm taking you to the hospital right now"
" Mom I'm okay really"
" If you were okay there wouldn't be a little pile of blood right below your arm"
" Well I'm still okay"
" Really ?"
" Yes "
" How many fingers am I holding up? "
" 2?"
" wrong it was 3 "
" Moooooooooooommmmmm"