Chapter 2. Silhouette of an Angel

Late at night, after taking a shower, Eunjung hears someone knocking on her door. The knocking is neither strong nor gentle, but it creates a nice rhythm.

In her relaxing shorts and a white tanktop, Eunjung steps to the door and opens it very politely. She has a towel around her neck because her hair is still very wet, and Eunjung knows who is knocking so she keeps it comfortable.

"Hi, Jiyeon-ssi."

"Hi." She greets and holds up something infront of Eunjung's eyes, "This is your coat; you dropped it in the afternoon."

"Thank you." She takes it.

"You're welcome. And there is another thing... I don't know if it's alright with you."

"It's alright. Go ahead and tell me."

"I have my bed but my mattress is not delivered, and the room is not very organized. Can I sleepover for only tonight?"

Eunjung is surprised but she does not show. Right now Jiyeon is speaking to her very reluctantly but in a more socializing way than in the afternoon.

"Of course. You can sleepover as many times as you want."

The magnanimous person wipes her hair with the towel, making the drops of water scattering into the air. Eunjung smiles so brightly that she is glowing in the night light.

"Thank you."

"No problem. Come in."

...

"Do you want some milk?"

Eunjung asks Jiyeon while she gets the milk container out of the refridgerator, pours it into a big glass for herself and warms it up.

"No, thank you. I already brushed my teeth."

Jiyeon does not want to tell Eunjung that she doesn't like milk. What is the point? They're not that close to tell each other about their likes and dislikes.

Sitting down next to her beautiful neighbor on the couch, Eunjung crosses her legs. Jiyeon also has her legs crossed in the opposite direction. The couch fits for two people and there is a space in between them.

Somehow, there is a sense of tranquility as they sit and being covered by silence. The strangers don't feel awkward not speaking to each other. The image is almost perfect like two pieces of artwork with the same concept putting together. They are two but one; however, this artwork needs to have more expression from the artists.

It is figured out.

These two people must have feelings for each other to create a flawless image. Seeing them from any angle would make anyone feel like they are fated, and would think that they are very close to each other since an unknown time.

"Jiyeon-ssi, do you need help to organize everything? I'm not working tomorrow." Eunjung breaks the quiet mood.

"You have helped me a lot already. I don't want to bother you anymore..."

"You're not bothering me." Eunjung keeps her smile on her lips, "I told you that we're going to be neighbors."

"I'm grateful."

Even when Jiyeon appreciates Eunjung, she is still not expressive. Her cold attitude seems to define how she closes her heart away from everyone.

"I'm very glad to help you." Eunjung raises her eyebrows, "What year were you born in?"

"1993."

"Jiyeon-ssi should call me eonnie (big sister) then. I was born in 1988." She suggests with a playful tone of voice.