A Nice Saturday Before Disaster

Karma's POV

I woke up one hour early. With that extra time, I got dressed, ate a quick breakfast, then went out the door.

Before I could embark on my adventure, I looked over at Steven's door. The memories of what happened last night came flooding back.

I subconsciously tensed my jaw at the memory of me feeling like total shit.

If Steven wants to act like an ass, then so be it. Hope he knows how pissed off I am, because he's this close to becoming "ex friend"

Tightening my hold on my purse, I walk towards the elevator. And with a push of a button, I start my weekend by going to the market.

•••••

Five later I arrive back to my flat. I carry heavy bags of food and necessities. Setting them on the counters, I star putting them in their rightful places.

When I was done organizing, and threw the bags away, I grabbed a canned soup and started boiling water.

While that was happening, my mind began to wonder.

The name Khonshu sure does sound familiar. I swear I heard Steven mention that name before...but when?

With new found curiosity, I got my laptop and started typing. Weirdly, I find that Khonshu is an ancient Egyptian God, which ruled the moon and the night sky.

So Steven was talking to some guy who coincidentally has the same name as an ancient moon bird? Am I even sure that's even "Steven"? I know Steven, and that definitely wasn't Steven...

Everything was so normal yesterday, up until it wasn't. I felt overwhelmed with confusion and so questions running through my head.

With my soup now done, I tried clearing my head. The tasty broth and thick ramen noodles sure eased me a little. When I was done with my bowl, I set it the kitchen sink before going back to my research.

I've never been interested in ancient Egyptian stuff. Interesting, sure, but I'm more of a Greek mythology type of gal. Most of my special interests are macabre....y'know, true crime, medieval torture methods, cryptids, etc. Good thing that never scared Steven away. He always listened with such interest despite how gruesome it is. Hell, he's the only person that hasn't looked at me weird for finding such things fascinating.

Time passed and it was almost pitch black out. My back ached from my slouched position that I've been in for hours. Stretching, my arms ached for relief. I shut my laptop and stood up. A headache was slowly forming in my temples from the brightness of my laptop.

I flopped on my bed, the soft fabric from my blankets easing me to relaxation.

I hope Steven is okay. I have no fucking clue what that brit got himself into but I hope it's not anything dangerous. Maybe he's just schizophrenic? Nah, can't be..Damn it Steven, what are you doing?

I didn't think that running away to a country would cause such confusion. I wanted a clean slate to life. No more pain, no more fights, no more of her. Just me, free finally to be myself.

And once again, I fell into a deep sleep.