Minato's Laundromat

Title: Minato's Laundromat

Main couple: Minato Akira and Katsuki Shintaro 

Main actors: Kusakawa Takuya and Nishigaki Sho 

Country: Japan

Where to watch: Gagaoolala

Description: Minato Akira took over his grandfathers laundromat after experiencing a health emergency at work. One day high school student Shintaro enters the laundromat to wash some clothes. Despite the age difference, they quickly become friends. Shin develops a major crush on Akira 

Notes: The age gap is 10 years (Shin being 17 turning 18 half way into the show, and Akira being 27), also the theme song/intro is super cute and worth watching instead of skipping

Possible TW: Age gap, drowning

My review/opinion: Honestly so cute. I find slice of live shows like this so easy and fun to watch. There was a small amount of angst but not enough to take away from the overall cuteness of the show. I do wish the conflicts changed more. It was a lot of running in circles around the same issue and the main couple being annoyingly passive. 

The episodes are a little over 20 minutes each, so it is a much quicker watch compared to other bl's that can have run times well over an hour each episode. 

Japanese bl's often have some of my favorite storylines. I found myself excited each week for the next episode to air. Because Akira's actor, Takuya, looks quite young it was pretty easy to ignore the age gap.

I found the storyline about Akira's old teacher a little weird because the teacher didn't seem to care so why did he need to explain himself? Also, there was just enough attention on the side couple to make me care about them but so little time on them that I didn't get any story from them. 

Overall it was a cute show, with a cute storyline. I am a sucker for fated couples. Where they always seem to come back to each other. 

One nitpicky critique I have: Where is Shintaro's other sister. It is mentioned he lives with his parents, grandparents, 2 younger sisters, and 1 younger brother. Why do we only ever see 1 sister and 1 brother. No other family went to his birthday party, it made me a little sad. 

One small detail I loved: I am a sucker for soulmate storylines. While this was not a soulmate story, the fact that Shin wanted to hug crying Minato when he was a child but couldn't but once he was older he was able to hold him while he cried made my heart soft. 

NSFW scenes: A couple kisses and such but definitely not NSFW

Would I recommend: Definitely, it was very cute. Worth the watch.