Chapter 1

"You will not get away with this, Bai Cheng!" Ming Wei shouted, his chest rising and falling as he supported the weight of his best friend Ping Wang. The male was bleeding heavily and Ming Wei cursed softly, placing a hand on the male's injury to try to stop the bleeding.

He staggard backwards as Bai Cheng approached, his sword lifted and directed straight to his heart.
"Of course I will. Look at the two of you. Defenseless. Unable to do anything to stop me." Ming Wei's body tensed as the sword pressed to his skin, drawing the slightest hint of blood. It caused him to curse softly, visibly wincing as he turned his head away.

"Get it over with." Ming Wei spit the words at him, his grip on his friend's clothing tightening. Bai Cheng's head tilted and he regarded him closely, licking his lips before he let out a low laugh.

"I finally have you at my mercy, Ming Wei, and you think I will just...get it over with? Poor thing, you can stay at my side." He laughed before he pressed the tip of his sword down, crouching in front of his opponent.
"You are out of your spiritual power. All drained up after trying to heal your friend. I think we have a long while before it comes back."

The soft breath was accompanied by Bai Cheng's slender fingers grasping Ming Wei's chin and pulling him in close. Ming Wei felt his heart stutter in his chest; he had always known Bai Cheng was attractive. Yet he had never been this close to the man to see it so easily.
"Let go of me." He ground out. Bai Cheng let out another low chuckle and his thumb ran across Ming Wei's bottom lip.

"Ping Wang is unconscious and unable to defend you now. What ever will you do when you are drained of power and so defenseless."

"He is not defenseless." Bai Cheng whirled around to find a sword pointed at his throat. His lips pressed into a thin line and his tongue clicked as his head rolled back to face Ming Wei.

"So you used the last of your energy to call for help. Honestly, that is so disappointing."

"Drop the sword and step away from him." A male's voice barked the order and Ming Wei was relieved to recognize it as his older brother's. He watched as Bai Cheng seemed to debate his options before he scoffed and tossed the sword away.
"Is Ping Wang okay?"

"N-No. He is bleeding heavily. I've tried to heal it some but it is- I don't have enough power." He explained as his brother grasped a firm hold of Bai Cheng, twisting his arm behind his back.

"Eh, eh. That hurts." Bai Cheng cursed and tried to jerk free.

"Consider yourself lucky I don't just end you here and now." Huang Wei said coldly as he jerked the male away.
"Get Ming Wei and Ping Wang out of here."

"Ming Wei!" He jerked up at the shot of his name, jerking his sword from its sheath.
"Woah, it's just me." He turned to glower at Ping Wang who grinned at him.

He muttered an obscenity under his breath as he sat up, putting his sword back where it belonged. After rubbing his face, he took a deep breath and sat up.

"Another nightmare about Bai Cheng?"

"It's not a nightmare if based on real events really." He mumbled as he moved to stand. He glanced up to his friend who offered him his hand.

"Just because he escaped, does not mean you need to stress so much-"

"He nearly killed you, Ping Wang! He would have killed both of us!" He exclaimed in disbelief before he shook his head.
"He is going to get his revenge, I am sure of it. And I do not look forward to that day."