Quinn

It was a cold morning in mid December and frost was biting everyone's ankles as they walked to work in a rushed manner. I on the other hand was not feeling rushed or prodded by responsibilities because I had none. I had been fired from my prior job which didn't bother me in the least, I knew it was bound to happen. I kicked some snow onto a woman's shoe by mistake only to receive a snappy comment which automatically threw me into a bad mood. I glared at her with dark brown eyes as menacing as I could make them, pulled up my hood over my thick black messy hair and shoved my headphone into my ear so I didn't have to listen to the backlash of her husband, I knew it would only piss me off. I walked for another few miles looking in windows of stores for posters about job openings, but I was out of luck. As I approached an old wooden bench to take a seat I looked around at the steadily falling show. It was beautifully catching in people's hair and coating the ground with a thin layer of flakes. I smiled slightly but it disappeared quickly as I pulled out a box of cigarettes lighting one swiftly with a dull grey lighter and placed it between my pale lips so I could take a needed draw, because today wasn't any ordinary day, it was the day my mother had passed 8 years ago when I was 10, she had been involved in a horrible car crash that had pulled her into a coma for a few months before we sadly tore her from life support. But this wasn't what was bothering me, I had recovered from her death long ago, of course it saddened me but what came after was the much more tragic and scarring for a young boy, and left me with memories I would never forget.