Chapter 15

I shut my mouth as soon as the words slipped out. Leni's eyes looked like they popped out of her head, her mouth agape at what she just heard. My heart pounded in my chest. Okay, there was no turning back now. Leni's shock faded away and I frowned. She had this huge grin on her face and her eyes lit up like a kid on Christmas day. She walked closer to me and I couldn't breathe.

Shit.

"May gusto ka sa'kin?" She said, the smile still on her face.

I hesitated and looked away from her, the blush on my cheeks increasing tenfold. "Risa," she said. Her hand held my jaw and I shivered. "May gusto ka sa'kin?"

She turned my face to meet hers.

Ang ganda, lord. Sobrang ganda.

My hands shook as I watched her gaze drift from my eyes to my lips. "Gusto ko marinig galing sayo mismo," Leni whispered.

I inhaled sharply and instinctively licked my lips. Really no turning back now. "Oo," I affirmed. "May gusto ako sa'yo."

Leni bit her lip then she laughed. My immediate nervousness was replaced with irritation. I stepped away from her, turning around and were about to leave the room. Tinawanan ako parang tanga. Nakakahiya.

"Saan ka pupunta?" She asked in between her laughter.

"Babalik na do'n," I said coldly. That did not go the way I expected that it would. I'm fully aware that what I feel towards Leni hasn't gone beyond the bounds of attraction just yet. Better put, I'm attracted to her, like that feeling you'd have towards a crush, and I want to be around her more often. Still though, it hurt to have her laugh at my sudden confession as if it's the funniest thing in the world.

"Huy," she stopped me from opening the door, her hand on my wrist. She turned me around to face her again.

"Ano?!" I exclaimed in annoyance.

"Dito ka lang."

"Ayoko. Tinawanan mo lang ako. Lalabas na ako tapos tatabihan ko na ulit 'yung pinagseselosan mo kasi at least siya hindi ako tatawanan kapag seryoso ako."

Her eyes darkened and I could see the familiar irritation cross her face. "Sabay tayo babalik do'n."

"Ewan ko sa'yo. Bahala ka dyan," I shook her hand away and opened the door. She shut it again before I could get out.

"Ano ba, Leni?" I said exasperatingly. It's been a long night and honestly, her laughing at my face straight up was the last thing I needed. I was facing the door, Leni standing behind me, her hand extended to keep the door shut. My heart felt like it would jump right out of my chest.

"Date tayo. Sa weekend. Sunduin kita sa bahay niyo."

Date? As in a date date?

"D-date?"

"Oo. Hindi ko pa napaplano pero gusto ko, date tayo. Tayong dalawa lang."

"P-pa'no 'yung security mo?"

"Ako na bahala. Basta date tayo. Sa weekend..."

When I didn't reply, she walked closer. I could feel her front on my back. Her arm that pushed the door shut locked the knob then moved to hold my hand. "Go on a date with me, Risa."

"H-hindi naman natin kailangan mag-date kasi may gusto ako sa'yo," I said weakly. Leni intertwined our fingers together. "Hindi naman tayo magdadate dahil lang may gusto ka sa'kin."

"Humarap ka nga dito," she sighed. Slowly, I faced her again. She held my hand tighter and said, "Magdadate tayo kasi gusto ko mag-date tayo."

The sincerity in Leni's voice, the way her face was genuinely serious, made me all the more nervous. But I couldn't deny the fact that I wanted to shout right then and there. Butterflies were in my stomach and I was blushing madly. "B-bakit tayo magdadate?"

"Risa," she sighed again.

"Leni..." I replied warily.

"Ang kulit mo talaga 'no? Magdadate nga tayo kasi nga gusto kong magdate tayo."

"Eh bakit nga tayo magdadate? One-sided naman 'yung feelings ko?"

"Sure ka na sa one-sided?"

"Bakit, hindi ba?"

"Hindi."

Leni tilted my chin because I kept looking away from her. Hindi one-sided?

Does she...

"Magdadate tayo dahil gusto ko mag-date tayo. At dahil gusto rin kita."

"Y-you don't even like girls."

"No. But I like you. Pag-usapan natin when we can pero niyayaya kita ngayon. Go on a date with me. Tapos i-figure out natin 'yung kailangan i-figure out along the way."

I couldn't stop the smile that broke out of my face. Oh my god, may gusto rin sa'kin si Leni.

"So..." I said teasingly. "You like me too?"

"Sagot na ba 'yan sa offer kong date?"

"Yes ang sagot kung uulitin mo. You like me too?"

She rolled her eyes but she was smiling, that bright smile that reached her eyes and deep dimples. Kinikilig ako.

Lord above, kinikilig ako.

"Yes, Risa. I like you too."

I laughed and breathed deeply, trying to calm my nerves. Kilig, excitement, and happiness overwhelmed me.

"Ano, yes na ba sa date?" Leni raised her eyebrow.

"Yes, let's go on a date."