Chapter 16

It was finally Saturday.

No, I haven't been anticipating this day too much. Or maybe I was. Sue me for being excited about my date with Leni. I haven't given it much thought yet, in terms of feelings, but what I do know is that I like her.

As in like her. Maybe a bit too much even for my own liking.

Was it because I spent too much time with her? Or was it just because she meant too much to me? Honestly, at this point it's all still too confusing. That said, I'm still looking forward to spending the day with her. I thought, initially, that she was just asking me on a date out of pity. That because we were friends, she felt like she owed it to me to give me a chance to express my infatuation with her. But...

She liked me too.

It still made me swoon every time I'd repeat it in my head. "Gusto rin kita..." All I could think about was  Leni's hands intertwined with mine, her breath by my neck as she asked me out on a date with so much certainty and seriousness. Kaya naman pala nagseselos ka, I thought in my head, recounting the happenings during the past work event.

"Good morning, Risa. :)"

Woooh, okay. Calm down, Risa. Ayan na nag-text na.

"Hi, Leni! What time tayo magkita?"

"I'll pick you up around 6. Okay lang ba?"

"Yes, sure! May need ba na clothing like formal gano'n or ano?"

"Kahit ano will do."

"Okay, Leni. See you later!"

"See you!"

I got ready around 5 and waited for Leni to arrive. When my doorbell resounded, I immediately walked downstairs to greet her and my jaw dropped as soon as I opened the door. "Hi, Risa. Here, for you."

"Flowers? B-bakit may flowers pa?"

"Wala lang, naisip ko lang," she said, scratching the back of her neck in shyness. "Corny ba?"

"Hindi naman," I laughed. "Thank you for this, I appreciate it."

"Tara."

We walked to her car and I noticed the lack of security surrounding us. "Asan ang SG mo?"

"Day off. Sabi ko may date ako."

"As if they'd let you go alone."

"Nando'n na sa pupuntahan natin," Leni laughed. "Sabi ko kapag nakita ko sila, lagot sila sa'kin. Dapat lowkey lang."

"Saan ba tayo pupunta?"

"You'll see."

We arrived at a garden restaurant a little while later. We were led outside the restaurant where there was a perfect view of the city. Fairy lights lit up the surroundings, the music played by the band inside the restaurant still perfectly audible from where we stood. At the center of the green landscape was a table for two.

"This is...for us?"

"Yes," Leni replied cheekily. "You like it?"

"Gaga ka, Leni. Pinaghandaan mo talaga 'to?"

"Oo naman. Seryoso naman ako no'ng sinabi kong gusto kita."

My cheeks heated up and I was at a loss for words. Leni's hand rested on my lower back and she led us to the table to take a seat. "Nasabi ko na bang sobrang ganda mo ngayong gabi?"

It's a good thing we finally sat down because my knees felt like jelly at the moment. Nanghihina na ako. "N-no."

"Hindi pa pala?" She chuckled, sitting across from me. "Well then, you look beautiful tonight, Risa."