▶ Chapter IX

· ————— · · 『• ⚜️ •』· · ————— ·

A memory is,

a star

or a stain?

· ————— · · 『• ⚜️ •』· · ————— ·

"Wow."

"You have never complimented my choice of wine. What changed that now?" Jimin gingerly took a sip from the tall lean glass as his eyes busied themselves by staring at one of the fizzing bubbles.

"I wasn't complimenting your shitty choice of wine." Taehyung placed his glass back down on the table, "It's my reflection in the glass that has me swearing at myself. I just don't know how did I end up as a manager in a trading company and not on any magazine cover."

Jimin rolled his eyes, "You sure turn into a narcissist when drunk."

"Alcohol brings the worst of us out. Not my fault though." Taehyung shrugged as he took another big gulp from his glass. Jimin just swirled the dark liquid between his fingers before finally staining his lips red with the same colour.

"But it was sure as hell your fault to drink innumerable glasses of wine without having a drop of water or a morsel of food. You know that you'll get the worst hangover of your life and your father wouldn't want you slacking off during the meeting tomorrow."

The drunken and goofy smile on Taehyung's lips immediately fell at the mention of his father's name. He was solely the reason he was drinking right now and was probably why he was on a remarkable journey to become an alcoholic, but a handsome one at that.

"Why must you mention him?" He whined as his figure cutely flopped down on the table as he stared down his glass with disinterest, completely contrary to his look a few seconds before.

"Because that was the only way to sober you up by not getting yourself dehydrated and maybe alcohol poisoned." Taehyung let out a groan at his friend's words. He thought alcohol was meant to wash your sorrows away but Jimin here was doing a fabulous work of bringing them just back.

"I know what you're thinking, Tae." Jimin began, "Alcohol does erase you from reality but just for a time being, and then poof! You're back in your suit and tie at your workplace on a Monday." 

"Why are you so cruel?" Taehyung groaned once again as he threw his limbs around, whining like a child, "Can I not behave like an adult for once? I am tired of these worldly matters and responsibilities, you know? Sometimes I just feel like getting myself a hot genie who would turn me into a ghost and I would trouble people all day. And you, Park Jimin, will be the first on my list." He threatened as he often fell back on his words and had to repeat them over and over again.

"My utmost pleasure, Wannabe GhosTae. But I need to get you home real quick because you are certainly not allowed at mine. I'm bringing a girl over tonight after I drop your sorry ass on your doorstep." Jimin stood up and folded his sleeves up to prepare to pick up the heavy male.

Taehyung fell onto his knees and clutched his legs as much as he could, almost cutting off the circulation from his leg, "I don't wanna go back home, pwease!" He slurred.

"And why not?!" Jimin shrieked when Taehyung didn't budge when he tried to pry him off by violent means.

"There is an ali-alien there and she weirds me out so much. The way she talks and behaves like she's some sick royalty from the 1500s." He hiccuped.