seven - yeah yeah yeah

Jisoo's POV

When I walk back to me and Jennie's room after getting a snack from the kitchen I catch Chaeng eavesdropping at the door of her and Lisa's room.

"Park Chaeyoung," I whisper to freak her out.

She almost screams before clamping a hand over her mouth. "What the heck unnie?" she mumbles and motions for me to follow her into my room. "They can't hear us now."

"Okay." I start. "What did you hear?"

"Umm," she drags it out. "Lisa was saying she knows how I feel when I'm playing like guitar or keyboard. Like it's an escape from life. Magical. And she was right."

"And, Chaeng?" I prompt.

She stares at me, eyes wide as she realizes what I want her to say. "And um you were right unnie I like Lisa."

"Told ya." I grin. Her face falls though. "Wait, I know I know. You think Lisa doesn't like you back... right?" I say the last part gently.

She shakes her head sadly.

"You want my advice? I say go for it before it's too late. Go get her. Maybe not right now," I add. "But still. You can do this! I believe in you Chipmunk." I hug her.

"Thanks unnie. Should we go in?" she asks.

I nod. "'kay but you go in first. Then I will after a while so we don't seem sus."

"You are so weird unnie." she says cheekily before going out of my room and into where Jennie and Lisa are.

I wait for a few minutes before walking in, feigning surprise at seeing them all together. "Hey what's this? You having a guitar party without me?"

We all burst out laughing. It's not even funny. Just that thing where all you have to do is look at someone and that makes you happy. As I join them on the bed I give the subtlest of winks to Chaeyoung, and she smiles back.

Then Lisa - oh my god Limario of all people - starts playing the guitar beautifully and we all sing together and it's kinda like we had, you know, a moment.

Some days we're famous all over the world and other days we're just normal people with a love of music, but either way we're still somehow Blackpink. Maybe worldwide girl group, maybe four friends, but always we're us.

☺☺☺☺☺

A few days later we're back in our home in Korea. You know the saying home sweet home? I really felt that. I love the girls and when I'm with them it feels like home, but actually being home is an amazing feeling.

We still have a few weeks till the encore concert in Thailand next month and a whole six days till our personal schedules start up again so... time to relax.

"Dieee!" I yell in frustration and hit the bed with my hand.

Jennie is surprisingly unfazed next to me. "Stuck on a level unnie?" she asks.

I nod. "Ughhh it's so hard to beat. And you know I'm the game queen!" I put my phone down after dying again and stretch. "Hey, Jen?"

She looks up from where she's been staring at the ceiling. "Yeah?" she asks as she turns to face me.

Suddenly I'm struck by how tired she looks. She's pale and dark circles are evident below her eyes now that she's not wearing any makeup.

Aish, how did I not notice before? Jennie's the glue of the group, always holding us together. And honestly sometimes I'm not that good at my role as unnie. Poor Jennie. Taking care of all of us on top of her own physical and mental health.