four - complicated

Lisa's POV

Help... Chaeng is still crying and I have no idea how to comfort her. Maybe I'm just really bad with feelings?

"Chaeyoung-ah. Calm down. We still have another day in Melbourne until the concert. That's plenty of time to rest first then go around." Jisoo says firmly, always the voice of reasoning in situations like these. Other situations, however, that's another story.

Jennie unnie is too caught up in tending to Rosie's sensitive side that she doesn't back up Jisoo's sensibility, while I just stand there and try to make her feel better. Except i don't really know how to.

Oh wait.

"Chaeng."

The unnies turn around while Chaeyoung blinks her tear-filled eyes at me.

"If you don't rest and do everything now, then you won't be able to do the concert," I explain.

""Ohh, good point." Jisoo says and Jennie nods in agreement.

Chaeyoung stares at me. "Lisayah, you're supposed to be making me feel better, not worse!"

Oh. Right.

I'm a little taken aback at her outburst but swallow it down.

Jennie wraps her in a hug. "It's not your fault Lili, Rosie's just a bit sensitive right now and we understand that right?"

I nod and so does Jisoo unnie.

"Rosie, calm down. Lisa's only trying to help." Jennie continues, wiping away Chaeng's tears with her thumb. "And she's right. How about you rest for today and tomorrow you can do anything you want once you feel better?"

Chaeyoung nods and Jennie unnie smiles at all of us.

How is it that Jennie always knows what to do while I'm left feeling like, well, shit?

Jisoo nudges me, maybe sensing how I feel. Somehow. Which is a bit weird since Jisoo's not the empath of the group either, but still.

"Nalalisa, should me and Jen leave you two together?"

Um, what? I mean.

"Sure. Best friend duties." I smile as they leave, waving bye.

I sit down on the edge of Chaeng's bed when the unnies are gone. "Yah Park Chaeyoung."

"Lalisa," she says tiredly, like she's drained of all her energy.

I look into her chocolate brown eyes, staring deep into her. She sighs like she knows what I'm going to do.

"Lisa don't say anything stupid."

I shake my head with a little smile, before staring into her eyes again. "Are you... are you okay?" I ask gently, touching her hand with mine.

One look at her face and I know I've said the right thing. "No," she sniffles and for a moment I'm scared that the broken waterworks will start up again, but she manages to keep her tears at bay. "I'm sick and I'm tired and mostly just mad at myself for not being able to go around Melbourne like I was supposed to! Nothing's going right."

Out of the corner of my eye I see a small tear escape and slide down her cheek. "Oh, Chaeng-ah," I wrap my arms around her and squeeze her tight.

"I- I'm sorry I sound so selfish right now but why can't this one thing go my way?"

"Shh." I wipe her tears away for her. "Don't worry. You have nothing to be sorry about." Looking at my best friend, I remember how excited she was when she found out that we were going to Melbourne. How much she planned the whole thing. How the happy tears would spill out of her eyes non stop.