Chapter 10 ~ We're going on a trip

The day was finally here. I was going to spend a month with my favorite people and I wasn't going to let anyone ruin it for me. But before that, I have to spend 9 hours driving to Florida. At least I wasn't going alone. I was originally going on the trip with Iris, but, since Karl and us were basically going to do the same trip, we decided it would be best to go together, with Karl's car.

I woke up to my alarm going off. I look to my side to check the time. '8:00am' I was exhausted. I wasn't able to sleep due to the excitement. But I dragged myself out of bed and started getting ready for the trip. I changed into some comfortable clothes, brushed my hair and teeth and run downstairs. Iris was already there sitting on the couch scrolling on her phone. She had already brought her suitcase downstairs and it was waiting next to the front door.

Karl was going to pick us up at 9:00 so I was ready just on time. I had packed the night before so I didn't have to do that in the morning. As soon as I placed my suitcase next to the door, I heard a knock. I opened the door and was greeted by an excited looking Karl.

"Hello" I said, opening the door wider so he could enter.

"Hello, are you guys ready?" He asked as he entered my apartment.

"Yeah, we are both super excited to meet the dream smp" I said in excitement.

"Ok, well we need to go so go get in the car and I will bring down your luggage" Karl instructed us.

"Oh, it is ok I can carry my suitcases" I said going to grab my suitcase but Karl stopped me.

"Nope, I insist" Karl said in a serious tone while making eye contact still holding our suitcases. His beautiful grey eyes were staring deep into my e/c ones.

"Ok fine" I said breaking the eye contact and making my way to the car where Iris already was.

"This is going to be the worst 9-hour trip of my life" said Iris in an annoyed tone.

"Why? What is wrong?" I asked confused and worried about my friend.

"I will be third-wheeling you two for the next 9 hours"

"Shut up, we don't even like each other" I said as my heart sank a bit at my last sentence.

"You are so oblivious sometimes. You know that?"

"Oh really?" I said with a grin.

"Yeah, it is like the fucking Adrien Agreste virus has affected you" She was basically scolding me at that point.

"So, you are telling me that you don't remember what happened at 11th grade?"

"What happened at 11th grade?" asked Karl as he sat at the driver's seat.

Iris was basically red now from embarrassment as I started explaining.

"So basically, there was this jock, Max, that had a huge crush on Iris and Iris like him back. He was giving away hints like crazy but my dear friend over here was like 'Oh he is being a nice friend'. He even asked her on a date and after the date Iris still continued saying that and I quote 'He doesn't like her back'"

Iris had buried her face in her hands at that point, too embarrassed to look at me.

"Seriously Iris?" Karl sounded disappointed.

"Shut up" she mumbled which made Karl and I to start laughing like crazy.

~Time skip

We have been on the road for quite some time now and it has been a quite uneventful trip. Iris was behind the steering wheel now since Karl needed a break from all the driving. He was fast asleep on my shoulder and I was peacefully resting my head onto his listening to music and admiring the sleeping boy. This is until I dozed off as well, only to be woken up a couple of hours later by the feeling of a bright light shining on my closed eyes.

"NICK YOU IDIOT" was the next thing I heard. "Why do you even need flash on? It is mid-day." I could now recognize the voice as Iris probably scolding Nick. I then opened my eyes to be met with my two best friends.

"NICK!" I somehow forgot that Karl was still asleep on my shoulder and I yanked myself out of the car to hug Nick, waking Karl up in the most unpleasant way possible.

"WHAT THE HONK?" Karl said as his head suddenly hit the rough cushion of the backseat.

"Oh, Karl I am so sorry, I completely forgot you were asleep on my shoulder" I said as I released Nick from the hug.

WordCount:792

I know this is a small chapter. This was some kind of filler chapter since the next few chapters are going to be loaded with stuff.

Stay tuned and safe. <3