Prologue

My name is Amity! (Yes, Amity. Among the four of us, kids, of Liz and Warner, I'm the one they picked to name after a faction of the one and only Divergent Series). My full name is Amity Rosaline Banks! I have an older brother, Tommy and two other sisters. The older sister (by a month and a few days) is Skylar and the youngest is Lacey. I'm an average fifteen year old girl, with the love for horror movies and rap music (especially Eminem! His lyrics speak to me!) I don't really like socializing (becuase of my fear of thinking whether people would like me for who I am nor not) and moving! Anything but moving!

 I don't like moving because it's hard to fit in if you were in my shoes. Everyone thinks I'm emo just because I like horror art and Halloween and not socializing (when that has nothing to do with being freaking emo). If it's not hard fitting in with the neighbourhood, then it's hard fitting in at school. Ninth grade girls aren't exactly easy to deal with! They're bossy, mean and search for every inch of oppurtunity to embarrass you on social media...well...some of them. Others are sweet like my best friends, Camila, Ariana and Grace. But, sadly, I have to leave them behind because we are moving.

 My mom says that this new home will make us feel welcomed. I don't exactly feel welcomed. I hear voices either in the nights or out of the blues! It all starts with a sharp buzz, then you hear voices begging for mercy or crying out to their mommies. Yes...mommies because these voices often sound like little kids that are trapped and there's no way to escape! I would also see shadows or figures that follow me in this house. I feel like I get the cold shoulder whenever I enter this house! I think these entities want something and I think they're out to get me!