A New Member

I woke up gasping for air. I was under the covers all night, huddled up tight with my pillow and tangled by the cord of my phone when it was playing music to make me feel comfortable. Last night was a long night filled with anger of what happened the previous night. I knew what I heard and I certainly knew what I saw. My parents thought that I was joking around or that what I saw, was something out of my imagination. I know when to joke around and how can I possibly cook up a creature that I saw from my imagination? My imagination clearly had to be warped!

 I got up and did my morning routine. I'll admit it! I was scared at first to step into the bathroom but I realized that it was day time and there wouldn't be anything to be scared about in the day. Am I right or what? I got dressed in a green and yellow, triangular patterned tank top with a denim shorts. I put on some plain white socks and my mint green converse. I tied my hair up in a ponytail and allowed my bangs to fall gracefully onto my puffy, cheeked face. I went downstairs and gathered my breakfast with consisted of toast and pancakes with coffee. I sat and ate quietly in the corner and sipped my coffee in peace. I didn't say a word to my family for the entire morning except for a polite "good morning."

 I went up the stairs after eating and listened as my footsteps creak against the ancient, wooden floor. I took a breath of fresh yet stiffling air as I entered my creepy bedroom. I looked around. "This seems normal", I said, swiping my bangs away from my cheek. I went onto my bed, which was suprisingly cold on this heated day and began to read an interesting novel. Everything went well and I was hoping inside that the day lasted forever because I didn't want night to crawl.

 "Amity!" I heard Skylar call. "What?" I replied from my disrupted reading time. "Get down here!" Skylar said as I got off the bed and out of the door. I went downstairs and saw my dad with a dog on a leash. My happiness elevated. Everyone was around the dog giving him treats and patting his head. My dad watched at me and smiled. "Welcome the newest member of the family." My dad told me. The dog was a grown up golden retriever. He was very shined and seemed very friendly. My dad told him, "Hey buddy, go meet my daughter Amity", as he pointed to me. The dog looked at me and started to run towards me. I was smiling so much because I'm a dog lover. As the golden retriever came running, right before he collieded into my arms, he made a sudden stop and he whimpered. He was sort of crying as he backed away from me. "What's the matter boy?" I asked. Then he started putting some very mean barks on me. "Woah what's the matter? Shh." I said gesturing. I went up to him instead to pat his head. He whimpered and backed away. He ran back towards dad and the rest. "What happened boy?" Dad asked him. "Woah what's the matter?" Tommy asked him. The dog looked back at me started barking again. I was confused. Is he barking at me or something else? I looked behind me as I felt a whiff of cool air. I swear I noticed a shadow. Was their something behind me?

 Night crept in. It was time for bed. Nothing happened. I didn't hear any voices or saw anything strange. The dog was barking downstairs and I couldn't sleep yet. Dad decided that he had to go outside and so he did. I could still hear him barking from my window. I got up off my bed and walked around. I figured that maybe I would get tired or walking and fall asleep. I soon walked towards my room window and looked down. The dog was barking, face up and looking at my room. I began to have weird feelings and whispered, "that dog is beginning to freak me out." I went back to bed and soon I feel asleep.

 In the morning as I greeted everyone and got my breakfast, I sat down with my siblings at the table. "How are you feeling?" Skylar asked. She knew something felt wrong. I knew it too. I saw and heard things and the dog keeps barking at me weirdly. Dad came back inside. "Oh my god, honey what's wrong?" Mom asked because dad had a worried look on his face. "The dog died", was all dad said. We all gasped and was shocked. I was very confused now. "He had a...um snapped neck" dad said motioning. "Maybe he got attacked by the other stray dogs in the neighbourhood." I suggested. "We don't know what or how but we are not getting another pet Lacey", dad said to us, "I'm going to bury him, be right back honey", dad said leaving us. I had mixed feelings and knew something was wrong immediately.