11

One month later-

Location: The Hooded household

Riley-

This morning I had been informed that Eden signed me up to build the Mean Girls the set without telling me. I also have to do this in two hours and I didn't even know until this morning. I swear I almost hit Eden when she said, "Oh yeah, Riley, you have to help build our set for our musical."

So now I'm stuck researching the mean girls musical set and panicking because I am going to make a lot off of this and I don't want to disappoint the kids. I go to our backyard to see what spare pieces of wood I can use to help with construction. I have about three door-sized usable pieces. I put them in the back of my truck and then I go inside and frantically sketch ideas and measurements page after page.

Soon, it's time for me to leave and I get in the driver seat and start the truck up. Before I start to back out of the driveway, none other than Sebastian FaceTimes me. I pick up reluctantly and Sebastian's face is way too close to the camera.

"Hiiiii!" Sebastain says in a sing-songy tone.

"Hey. I was just about to head out." I respond.

"Oh, where are you going?" He asks, his face still taking up the entire screen.

"I'm headed to the high school to help build the set. Eden signed me up without my permission and frankly, I'm not thrilled." I grumble.

Sebastian suddenly looks distressed and says. "Uh, something just exploded at the place I am in. Don't come help. Bye." He abruptly ends the call. I shrug it off and pull out of the driveway.

Once I arrive at the Highschool I catch a glimpse of something pink rushing away. Sebastian? Why would he be here? It's probably just my imagination. I take the wood, paint, and my sketchbook out of the trunk and head towards the doors. I realize it's going to be difficult to get all of the supplies through the door. I place everything down on the ground and contemplate how I'm going to get everything inside. I suddenly hear a familiar voice say, "Need some help?" Its Sebastian.

I turn and see him walk up to me, he has his letterman jacket tied around his waist, which is a rare sight. "What are you doing here?" I ask him, and he grins.

"I volunteered. I just love helping kids." Sebastian looks proud as he goes over to the truck and starts to grab things.

"Lies. I bet you told Eden to sign me up." I joke and grab the wood.

"Shh..." Sebastian says anxiously as he and I start making our way to the school. As we walk inside, Sebastian shivers slightly. "This place gives me the chills." He mumbles as he looks around.

"Do you think any teachers would recognize you?" I ask him.

"No. Well, actually, I was the loudest. So, maybe." Sebastian says as we walk into the gym, where everyone is doing construction for props. I remember Sebastian in High School, I had the fattest crush on him. Still do. I was super quiet though, I sat next to him in my science class, and the teacher would make us partners since she hated when Sebastian would fool around all day with his friends. She thought I would make him quieter or something. That happened a lot in school.

"I remember you in Highschool." I say as I walk around the gym with him, observing the work the other volunteers are doing.

"You do? Hehe, I was a jerk." Sebastian scratches his head and looks away, like he's embarrassed.

"Nooo. But yeah, we sat next to each other in science class. I remember you would say, 'Oh my god! You're such a good drawer. Draw me!', and then I would spend the whole class period drawing you, and then you go, 'Cool!' and just kinda shove it in your pocket." I laugh.

"Oh, wow. I don't really remember much of highschool, actually. Not even dances or stuff like that. I just remember how the cheerleaders would always make posters of our names and once a girl put little hearts around it, and her number on the back of the poster board. I feel bad for her, she was my biggest fan during games." Sebastian sighs and puts down all of the materials, and gets out his phone to check the list of props that need to be made.

"I was a very quiet kid in Highschool, I didn't have a lot of friends. It's funny, I actually-," I stop mid sentence. Telling Sebastian that I had a huge crush on him in High School will probably be very embarrassing, "Nevermind." I say quickly and start to paint a white base on the wood.

"You have to tell me, it's the law. You actually what?!" Sebastian says as scoots close to my face. I keep my mouth shut for a moment. Sebastian furrows his brows.

I mumbles, "...I had a massive crush on you in Highschool." I can feel my face get hot from embarrassment.

Sebastian gasps so loudly that people around us look at us before looking away, and he says, "No Way. You had a crush? On ME? I was the grossest!" He squeals, and a grin spreads on his face.

"You were not gross to me. I was gross, you should've seen me, I looked like a girl."I laugh, " But yeah, I had the hugest crush on you. It was kind of sad."

"Well, now you're really handsome." Sebastian lifts a paint covered finger and taps the side of my face, I know it leaves a mark because Sebastian looks like he regrets the decision.

"Ack! Come on." I attempt to wipe the paint off but by the looks of Sebastian's expressions, I'm only making it worse. I give up and continue to paint the wood.

"...sorry. I was trying to be romantic." Sebastian looks down and grimaces.

"It's fine, I've been covered in much more paint before." I say, and to get my revenge, I put the tip of my finger in the paint and tap the tip of Sebastian's nose. "Revenge!" I say.

"Okay, we're even." Sebastian blushes a bit and gets a wood saw, and starts cutting along the edges of the wood. Watching him do any physical activity makes me have war flashbacks to when I joined baseball just so I could drool over him. My face turns hot and I look down and keep painting. "I can't believe you started dating me. It was like, my dream." I say suddenly, after a while of us working in silence.

Sebastian looks up at me. "I know why I started dating you." He says, without inflection. "Cause' I love you." He smiles. I smile back and give him a peck on the cheek.

"I love you too." I say with confidence. He's said 'I love you' before but I've never been able to respond confidently. Now I know that Sebastian is who I'm in love with, and I want to spend the rest of my time on Earth with him.