14

Eden-

I'm behind closed curtains with Ethan standing across the stage. He gives me one last thumbs up as the lights turn dark, and the director speaks on the loudspeakers.

He finishes with, "...any filming is prohibited and will land you in detention!" He jokes and says as if he's the principal of North Shore Highschool.

The start of the first song begins, with the whole band playing together perfectly. The curtain goes up on Ethan and I, the lights meet my eyes, and I see the people in their seats, completely filling the auditorium. I start to sing and be in character, for the next two hours, I am Janis Ian.

"It's a cautionary tale! Full of fear and lust and pride! Based on actual events, where people died!"

"-No one died. But how far would you go, to be popular and hot? Would you resist temptation?" Ethan sings. We get a few laughs from the audience.

"No you would not." Ethan and I start to sing together.

"Just admit it sometimes mean is what you are! Mean is easier than nice. And though mean take you far, maybe this'll make you think twice!" I move around the stage. Trying to achieve a sarcastic and edgy presence. We continue through the number, no lyrics forgotten, no notes gone bad. It's almost too good to be true.

The song ends as Ethan sings, "Our story begins across the globe in Africa! Africa!". The lights go dark and I exit stage left as the crew moves set pieces to fit the Africa scene for it Roars.

Once It Roars ends, I get ready to go back onstage for another scene.