24. mistletoe

the next morning im awoken by aria jumping on the bed.

"momma wakey wakey! it chismas santa came!!" she says.

i sit up. "merry christmas " i smile as i kiss her cheek. "merry chismas!" she smiles.

"come on up up." she says.

i get out of bed and walk to the bathroom with her. "brush your teeth, and then we can go wake up dadda and open your presents." i say.

~

me, aria, and rafe were sitting around the christmas tree, neither of us brought up last night for arias sake.

we sat there and watched as aria opened the things we bought her.

she ripped open a box and saw her new doll. "wow she is so pretty i name her roger" she smiles. "roger- nice" i laugh.

~

near the end there are a couple things left under the tree, for me or rafe.

"i buy this for you dadda" aria says as she picks up a gift and hands it to rafe. we bought it at the mall together and she picked it out herself.

he opens the box and finds a barbie doll. "thank aria i love it." he says as he kisses her head. "you welcome dadda" she grins.

"momma turn, i buy dis one for you" she smiles as she hands me my present.

i open it and find a beauty and the beast head band. "this is so cool baby thank you" i smile. "you welcome momma" she smiles as i put the head band on.

i look under the tree and grab some things. "i got these for you" i tell rafe as i throw him his presents.

he them and the first one is a new watch, the second one is a hoodie and the third one is a pair of shoes."i-you told me you wanted a new watch because your old on broke, i liked that hoodie and i liked those shoes- if you dont like them then i-i can give you a gift receipt-" he interrupts me.

"kaylen stop- i love them, thank you. you really didn't need to get this much for me." he says, i shrug. "you're welcome." i laugh.

"i got you something to but its with sarah because i couldn't wrap it so i couldn't bring it here." he says. "I was just about to call her, whezzie, and topper to come over so they can open the stuff i got them and have brunch with us" i say.

"let me call her so i can ask her to bring the thing with her." he says. "okay" i say as i start to set up one of arias new toys so she can play with it.

~

soon theres a knock on the door.

"ill get it" rafe says. he opens the door and steps outside as sarah, whezzie, and topper walk in.

"merry christmas!!" i say as they drop their gifts on the couch and say hey to me and aria.

we all sit on the floor around the tree and just talk.

"rafe texted and told me to close your eyes, so close your eyes." sarah says. "im getting scared what the heck" i say as i close my eyes.

i hear the front door open "open" topper says. rafe walks in with a box that's slightly moving. "okay now im really scared" i say.

"open it." whezzie says with excitement.

i open the box and theres a dog in it.

"no you didn't." i say in disbelief. "holy shit!" i smile as i pick up the dog as let it out.

"oh my god rafe! thank you!" i say. "dont thank me, i promised i would get you a dog and never did so this is just backing up my promise" he grins.

"doggy!" aria screams with excitement as the dog runs around the living room.