Hunter's Mark: Chapter 1

Thank you @RenzoSalcedogallardo for all the ideas. They are the only reason this story is here, so please drop them a follow and give them the credit they deserve!

Narrator pov

Fog filled the streets of Zaun as people walked through the streets of the desolate city. Children ran and played through all the parts all around the city. The huge buildings across the entirety of the city made everything so small in comparing both of them. The light shined upon the top of the city as the city above felt the sun, while below it felt cold, but....

A single woman walked through the city as she was holding her son as he was tired from walking all that distance. She was heading home as she looked at her watch to see that it was almost time for dinner and her husband was preparing to go on a trip.

Mother: I have to get there quickly.

She was walking through the streets of Zaun as markets and all kinds of unsavory people were walking around. She saw one man as he inhaled a purple substance through his nose. He looked at her with a creepy smile as she quickly moved through the street.

She saw a blockade of... Piltover enforcers. She walked through the crowd of people as one of them looked at her as they blocked her path.

Mother: Please, I have a child with me. I just need to get through.

Enforcer: The road is closed. We have recent activity of gang related violence in this area, and we are here to stop it.

???: As if you stopped before! You are just here taking our tax money and doing nothing!

Enforcer: It doesn't matter what you say! You are not able to cross through this area at the moment. Come back in 2-3 weeks.

Mother: Weeks?! I can't wait weeks for this!

Enforcer: That isn't my problem.

Mother: Please! I just have to-

The enforcer moved his right hand to what looked like a mechanical weapon like a baton. He looked more dangerously at the woman as she backed off and moved away from the Enforcer.

Enforcer: I'm glad you got the message.

He coughed a bit as she moved away from the crowd. She looked through the street as she saw an alleyway close by. She took the small boy as she tucked him into a closer part of her jacket as she moved quickly through the alleyway.

There were people everywhere, every which way. Some were playing games and gambling on them, others were on the floor either passed out or... She didn't want to know. However a small group of them were standing near the wall as they were talking and chatting to each other loudly.

They held small and large weapons like blunt batons and even some sharp blades. A few of them even had guns, pistols that looked directly from Piltover. She moved quickly away from them as one of them, a man with purple hair and a streak of green down it that looked like a lightning bolt moved quickly to her.

Leader: Where are you going, young lady?

Mother: I am trying... To go home to my husband.

Leader: Hubby, huh? Well aren't you lucky. To have someone like yourself to be taken by someone, what a lucky guy. Why don't you show us the way, we can help you get there. Otherwise, you will have to pay the fee.

Mother: Fee?

Leader: Of course, this is my territory, and besides, with all those enforcers around the area, we would need to make money somehow.

She looked back to the alley as she saw an enforcer down the alley way as he was staring down at the alleyway. He looked back as he moved away from the alleyway as the leader got even closer to her.